cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revision of rates after partial delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

i place an order for 60 units, deliver 20 of those 60 units. and then the price goes up. how would i change the price for the remaining 40 units before they are dispatched, so they can be included in the invoice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot do that with the same line item. Because you have already delivered a partial quantity with old price.

Only way is, change that line item order quantity to 20 (So that line item is fully delivered) & create billing for that line item with old price.

Then add another line item with the same material and give new price in that line item. Then do delivery & billing for that line item with the new price.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

before the rates changed, i already billed for the partial delivery on the old rates, so i don't need to bill for that again do i just because i changed the line item? also, how would i deliver and bill on just one line item? and lastly, do i need to transfer stock from one line item to another or can i just open order and change it there? thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's go by one question at a time.

Q: "i already billed for the partial delivery on the old rates, so i don't need to bill for that again do i just because i changed the line item?"

A: No. You haven;t mentioned that you have created billing for that 20 with old price. That's why I asked you to create a billing there. Since you have done billing for that quantity 20 with old price, no billing again for that quantity.

Q: "how would i deliver and bill on just one line item?"

Go to any below transaction. VL01N/ VL10C

In VL01N, you can see "From item" and "To item" fields. Give the relevant line item there & execute.

Same way if you go to VL10C by giving Sales document number, you can see all line items, tick only the relevant line item & process.

So both ways your creating a delivery for one sales order line item.

Billing is based on the delivery document. Since you delivery one line item, you billing is also for that line item.

Q: Do i need to transfer stock from one line item to another or can i just open order and change it there?

You can open the sales order in VA02 & change the old line item quantity (let's say LI 10) and add new line item (20) with remaining quantity. You have to enter new price for LI 20.

Yes, If your in MTO (Make to Order), then you have to transfer post the stock of line item 10 to Line item 20 of the same sales order.

You can do with MB1B with movement type 413 / E

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anupa, thank you so much! that was the best answer ever! you have no idea how much you've helped the last few weeks. can i contact you privately via email if i need help on something in the future?? thank you!

Edited by: astromar79 on Oct 29, 2009 6:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want my e mail, it's there in my profile.

Appreciate if you can post all your quarries directly to the forum. So that you get BEST answers from all SDN Members / Expertise.

And same time you help others also to learn something out from your question and answers given for those.

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In copy control i.e. VTFL, try changing the Pricing type to 'C'. This will redetermine the rate while raising the invoice.

Thanks.