cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance of View controller navigation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everyone, I need help with some navigation issue, all i want is to know what is happening, well. . . I have two views (VIEW1 and VIEW2) in the same window, I have an outbound (VIEW1) and an inbound plug (VIEW2), all works fine, (VIEW1 to VIEW2), but when I do a server trip with some action in VIEW2 an error "Instance of VIEW1 controller dont exist" comes out. I tried to use viewsets and works fine but VIEW1 and VIEW2 are displayed at same time, I just want to see one active view.

Also I tried to place a VIEW3 with a UIContainer and place VIEW1 and VIEW2 using the UIContainer as a window but the same error displays, maybe because I dont know if i need to add a required controller into the views.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

How and when do you go from View1 to View2?

If you go to View2 before View1 has been displayed (like in the wdDoInit or something) View1 won't be initialized properly. In that case you will get the above error (when you try to return to View1)

Hope it helps....

Jeschael

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies, I solve this issue by set the lifespan of the flashisland (swf container views) to only at display and not framework managed and all works fine. Thanks you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies, I solve this issue by set the lifespan of the flashisland (swf container views) to only at display and not framework managed and all works fine. Thanks you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

Great to share that information!

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you all for the reply, the two views has an UIContainer who contains a flashisland, in VIEW1 the outbound plug is executed if the flashisland receive an event, then, the VIEW2 is displayed (with another flashIsland inside) but when I launch an event from the second flashisland (View2) the error "Instance of view1 controller" error comes out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you all for the reply, the two views has an UIContainer who contains a flashisland, in VIEW1 the outbound plug is executed if the flashisland receive an event, then, the VIEW2 is displayed (with another flashIsland inside) but when I launch an event from the second flashisland (View2) the error "Instance of view1 controller" error comes out.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Issac,

Could you please tell me what are you doing in the Event handler of the action which throws the error in view2.

Regards,

sarbjeet

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Inter view navigation doesn't required any controller uses.

[further help|; and [this|/thread/722960 [original link is broken];

Best Regards

Satish Kumar