cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with new pricing procedure - free of cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

i set up a new pricing procedure where i have zsed (special excise duty) and zmws (sales tax) set as manual, it's not valid on some free sample orders. but when i goto create order it does not show up under conditions, even though i've maintained it for that material in vk11. and when i click on condition type in conditions, it doesn't show up in the drop down either (at the order level). if i just type zsed it says zsed cannot be processed manually.

but if i change the pricing procedure and take off the manual check mark, the tax shows up on the same order automatically (from vk11) but i can't delete it there.

suggestions? i need for it to show up or have an option where if it shows up i can delete it. thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tax is determined based on the "Tax Classification" in Customer master & Material Master.

Once you configure a new tax type, you can see that appear in Customer master (XD02) under "Sales Area Data, in the "Billing Documents" tab

If the customer is taxable, use 1 else use 0 there.

Same way new tax is appear in you material master as well.

Go to MM02 & "Sales Org 1" tab.

Under "Tax data" section you have to specify whether your material is Taxable or not using 1 & 0.

Then from VK11, you have to enter the relevant tax code & create condition master record for that tax condition for the combination of Customer tax classification & Material tax classification.

save that record.

Now try with the material you update with tax classification.

It should be OK.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

first off, thank you anupa, you have always been extremely generous with all your help. you have no idea how much i've learned from you and the others on here.

now, to the questions, i don't think you're quite understanding my problem. the tax data is already maintained for the customer in master data, the customer is taxable. but here's the issue:

i created a new pricing procedure for the client where i put zsed as "manual", because i don't want it to show up in ever free of cost sales order. when i create order, the zsed does not show up, but when i click on the drop down in the condition type tab, it still doesn't show up there. and when i try to enter it manually it tells me zsed cannot be maintained manually. however, when i go back to the pricing procedure and uncheck the manual tab for zsed, leaving all 3 tabs blank and create a free of cost order for the same customer, zsed shows up in conditions because i've always maintained it in vk11. but i can't delete that row.

what i want is for it to show up in the conditions tab at the order level but i want the option to delete it there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, let's leave all the configurations you have done as it is.

Since you have mentioned "zsed cannot be maintained manually" error message, You can try this.

That message comes because you have setup your condition type ZSED i na such a way it cannot enter manually,

Let's change that setting and try.

Go to below IMG Path:

Sales and Distribution / Basic Functions / Pricing / Pricing Control / Define Condition Types / Maintain Condition Types

Go in to ZSED

Under "Changes which can be made" section you can set "Manual entries" field.

I think you have set "D - Not possible to process manually" there.

Change it to BLANK.

Save

Then try

You should be able to add ZSED condition manually in to the sales order now.

Best regards,

Anupa

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fyi,

If you set the "Manual" indicator in pricing procedure against to any condition type, then you can enter this condition type value in particular transaction. ( But for this condition type details, " changes can be made- setting maintain as "D" not possible to process manuall). Same "manual" logic in the pricing procedure will not work.

Because controls in Condition type has priority than anyother.

Now coming to your question,

If I understood it properly,

ZSED is not applicable to every free of cost order, but it may be applicable to other orders ( excl: FOC orders). Expecting ZSED Condition type maintained in both pricing procedures ( FOC sales pricing procedure & non FOC sales procedure).

if you set the " Manual entries has priority"/ tick mark delete check box in ZSED, then it will allow to enter manually/delete the condition type in FOC order as well as non FOC orders too.

Then there could be chance that user may delete/manually enter ZSED in non FOC sales.

better way would be, create new conditiont table by including Sales document type ( assume you created new document type for FOC sales) with other required fields ( eg: customer/material etc..,).

assign this condition table in top of all the accesses in ZSED's access sequence.

Maintain Condition record.

By doing so, Condition record is applicable only to FOC doc type sales- if maintained , else it will search next condition record.

which will not effect the non FOC sales & user cant delete ZSED from non FOC sales.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems to be working great, minus one small issue. zsed shows up in the drop down and when i click on it, it works great. however, when i only want pr00 and the discount condition type (set at 100%), it gives me an incompletion error saying: Missing Data: Net value. thoughts?? thank you so much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to create a new Incompletion Procedure, which does not have 'Net Value' as one of the criteria for incompletion of Document.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's comes to the incompletion log, because, you have added that filed in to your sales order incompletion log.

You can remove that from the log, so that it won't appear.

It's coming because, Net value is not calculated in your pricing procedure for that sales order.

You can use "ANALYSIS" button option in the sales order line item, to find more details.

If you go to the pricing procedure, you can see "Sub total" field has a value.

Based on that system is searching values to calculate the Net value.

Since all values are not there, it's giving that error,

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't it just show me net value as zero? and if the only choice i have is to change imcompletion procedure, could you guide me how to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SPRO / Sales and Distribution / Basic Functions / Log of lncomplete ltems

First you need to find what's the Incompletion procedure assigned to your sales document type. To get that go to "Assign lncompleteness Procedures" node.

Go to "Assign procedures to the item categories" section

Note the Incompletion procedure assigned to your Sales order Item Category.

Then You have to change that Incompletion procedure

From the same node, go to "Define lncompleteness Procedures" node

Select "B - Sales - Item"

Double Click on "Procedure" node

Highlight the noted lncompleteness Procedures from previous step.

Double click on "Fields" node

Select "VBAP NETWR Net value PKON 04" and press delete button

Save

now check again.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, thank you for the help with the imcompletion procedure, and i did try it and it will work if i do that. however, i was just told i can't change the incompletion procedure and need to find a way around that. so, is there anyway i can have the net value show up as zero and it not show me an error saying net value missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so. As far as you have a value in the Pricing Procedure under NET VALUE, it'll say it's incomplete.

Try with only From & To field for NET VALUE.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the pricing procedure for net value i have from 10, to 35, where 10 is pr00, 20 is zsed, 30 is sales tax and 35 is discount. if i leave zsed and sales tax out of the order, it shows me net value is missing (because net value is zero), but if i put either of the taxes it shows me as the document is complete. so, having net value as zero is not possible then?

so, what happens when someone has a standard order with a standard pricing procedure and they want to give the customer a 100% discount on the price and the tax on the item, will it give same error then too? do people change their incompletion procedure then too?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's because Sub total field in the pricing procedure against Net value has given some fields to calculate the Net Value, If those are not there, it throws that message saying Net value is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, i can't change that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to check how you need to calculate the Net Value first. Then configure your pricing procedure accordingly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it that you are going to have separate Condition type for Special excise dity in different pricing procedure? If that is the case, even if you create Billing successfully, it will lead to error in Excise Invoice creation, as it is possible to maintain only one Excise Condition type in CIN setting as under:

T.Code: SPRO >> Logistic General >> Tax on Goods Movement >> India >> Basic Setting >> Determination of Excise Duty >>Maintain Excise Default.

The issue which you are facing will certainly be overcomed by maintaining 'C' in the field Manual Entries in the condition type. Menupath is already mentioned in earlier reply.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you know why it tells me "missing: net value" and how i correct this? tax entries are fixed at 1% and 16% for the 2 taxes condition types i'm using. i just want these 2 to be manual, so i can delete them on the free of cost orders that the client doesn't want them on.