Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Can i Bind more than one Model object to the Custom controller or not

Hi All, I trying to bind more than one model object to the custom controller, Both the model objects contains same attribute name called ( output). Both model objects created on to top of the BAPI. So when i bind first model object to the custom controller will work fine. When i am trying to bind the second model object to the same controller. This second model object also having the same attribute name called "output" . So it is giving an error of "Duplicate context element "Detail". Rename or uncheck duplicate elements.

can i assign more than one model object to the single controller or not?

But in the reference document, it has given that , we can create model object with more than one bapi.So in this case if both the bapis contains any element with the same name will also be problem. Any body give me the solution.

Initially we have created one custom controller for each model object. But later i realized that, why con't we use same controller for all the model object. Because, the custom controller context is the public context. this context shared across all the view controllers.

The concept which I am trying to do is right or wrong?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question