cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Email/Fax "Reception notifications" in SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP devs,

one of my clients is interested in creating a Workflow for PS in SAP R/3 4.6C that will automate the sending of eMails and Faxs when certain activities (in networks via CN22) are confirmed. The process is as follows: The activity is confirmed via CN22 and then an eMail or Fax (depending on the partner) is sent to the partner. The Workflow then goes on "stand-by" and waits for a confirmation of reception for that eMail/Fax. If after 2 business days no confirmation was received, a workitem is sent the the SAP Inbox of a group. I wanted to know if there is any technology currently available in R/3 that permits the reception of the confirmation and determins which WF the confirmation is for.

Thanks for your help

PS: sorry if it's not really clear, I tried to translate it as best I could from french.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add some clarification to my problem, the sending of eMail/Fax part using the WF I have no problems with, but the reception of the confirmation notification (that the eMail was read by the user or the fax was received by the target fax) is the part we are not sure about. Basically, there can be about 150 WFs on stand-by each waiting for a notification and when one is received, how can the correct WF be told that a notification was received. This is my issue, not the WF process part.

I hope this is clearer about my issue.

Thanks for the help