SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings Time issue ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

We noticed today when we were looking at activity documents for module booking...that the time recorded for the activity on the Activity Documents tab showed an hour behind when they actually booked. If we drill into the activity (double-click on it)...we can see the correct time shown for the booking. The system time matches the correct time.

I received an email about watching out for weird time issues regarding windows updates and exchange for patches that handle the US DST Delta Period of October 25, 2009 for the DST change of November 1st, 2009. I'm not sure if this is even a daylight savings time issue.

Before I submit an OSS ticket I wanted to check if anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

we've had some trouble with timezones changed (unexpectedly after Windows' updates), though the trouble was detected with Microsoft Outlook's Calendar.

3 weeks ago we had to shift forward 1 hour our servers for daylight saving (we have SAP ERP+SLcM on Windows Servers), and due to different problems we had in the past with different servers what we do is stop the ERP + database, then change time on the servers and finally restart DB + ERP.

So, check timezone on your ERP servers and if there are any changes, stop ERPDB, correct timezone an restart DBERP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

PS: we originally had "Buenos Aires, Georgetown -3" timezone, which was split after a Windows update into "Buenos Aires -3" and "Georgetown -3" leaving Geargetown active. Some months later, "Cayenne -3" was created and computers with Georgetown were magically switched to Cayenne (differences? Buenos Aires and Georgetown have daylight saving option and Cayenne doesn't).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

we've had some trouble with timezones changed (unexpectedly after Windows' updates), though the trouble was detected with Microsoft Outlook's Calendar.

3 weeks ago we had to shift forward 1 hour our servers for daylight saving (we have SAP ERP+SLcM on Windows Servers), and due to different problems we had in the past with different servers what we do is stop the ERP + database, then change time on the servers and finally restart DB + ERP.

So, check timezone on your ERP servers and if there are any changes, stop ERPDB, correct timezone an restart DBERP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

PS: we originally had "Buenos Aires, Georgetown -3" timezone, which was split after a Windows update into "Buenos Aires -3" and "Georgetown -3" leaving Geargetown active. Some months later, "Cayenne -3" was created and computers with Georgetown were magically switched to Cayenne (differences? Buenos Aires and Georgetown have daylight saving option and Cayenne doesn't).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, Michael. I passed this on to our basis group and they did indeed find a problem.

They had to download a data file to update their system.

If we ran the program TZCUSTHELP, we could see that there was a current user time that was an hour behind the system date.

The only downfall of this fix is that we would have to reboot our ERP system for it to take effect. Unfortunately, that probably won't happen because we are in our high registration period for spring courses. However, we were able to apply the fix to a test box and this did indeed solve my activity document issue I was seeing.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike