cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message in sender SOAP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

I've a o/b synch MI which is exposed as a web service. I've specified the fault message with faultcode, faultstring, faultactor and detail. I've a BPM as the receiver for this synch infterface. This BPM implements synch-asynch bridge.

Now the question is...How can I specify that a particular fault message needs to be returned to the SOAP caller. I can send the response for the SOAP caller using the send step with mode 'Closes S/A bridge'.

I appreciate you inputs.

thx in adv

praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SO you are able to get the Fault Messages in the BPM right ..

Just append this fault messages to the Response message and send this Response to the SOAP caller.

Using Container Operation - you can assign/append the messages

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/59/e1283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I've the FM in my BPM. But...how can I append this to Response message as these have two different MTs?

Do you mean to say my response message should have a node for fault message data?

I'm trying to implement sth like in this blog <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client">Propagation of meaningful error information to SOAP Client</a>

To achieve FM in SOAP scenario, should I be using <b>only</b> a non-BPM receiver like a R/3 system using FM with exception as the receiver? Can this be not possible if I use BPM as receiver?

thx in adv

praveen

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Do you mean to say my response message should have a node for fault message data?</i>

Yes, But i did not try this..It is possible with BPM.. You may need to execute one transforamtion step (To map Fault Message and Response Message ->SOAP Response)..

This is just my views- Try it.. then update

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mapping FM and response -> SOAP response using a transformation step is possible. But I want to return the FM as SOAP FM so that the web service client programs can handle the exceptions as explained in the blog.

Is it possible from a BPM?

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI gurus...plz help me out.

praveen