cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer stock for future sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a standard way of blocking stock for a specific customer (like customer stock). We have few options like customer consignment process but that requires consignment fillup and physically the product is still in our stock - consignment process seems very time consuming. And other option I am check is product allocation.

Other than the above 2 options, do we have a standard solution which puts assigns the stock to customer till we get the orders.

Thanks.

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are considering sales order stock after rejecting customer consignement, product allocation, virtual storage locations options. Movement type 292W with MB1A doesnt' work to move stock into consignment (or atleast didn't seem to work during my testing) as it does put stock in consignment but it creates stock in consignment not move it from unrestricted.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with MB1A with movement type 292W

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have tried this option before based on your responses to other questions. And 292 W creates inventory directly into consignment stock NOT move it from unrestricted. And that too happens after a lot of changes to the setting of GL field layout as I was getting following error "Field selctn for mvt type 292/ acct 6xxx115 differs in Financial asset mngt (041)". But I changed the config and MB1A finally got posted for 292 W but it create consignment stock rather than moving it from unrestricted.

Let me know if that is something we can control by configuration?

Thanks.

Naren