Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default link in e-mail notification to approver incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in 5.3 SP8.

CUP automatically nserted a link (VIEW) to at the end of the e-mail notification sent to the approver. The link suddently not working for us.

Below is where the link is pointing to.

View <http:////%3Cyour_server_host%3E%3A80%3Cyour_context%3E/index.jsp?verifyApproverLogin.do%3FQUUuY252QXBwcm92ZVJlcXVlc3Quc2NyUmVxdWVzdERldGFpbHMubG9hZFJlcXVlc3REZXRhaWxzRnJvbUVtYWlsLmRvP3JlcXVlc3RObz0yMTEmc3RhZ2VOYW1lPVNUR19OT05QUk9EX1JP>

It looks like the link is not picking up the server host info, etc. so the link is not working. Does anyone knows where the info is read from and how can I correct it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's actually the other way round: the link you first use to start CUP is the link that goes into the email.

So:

- restart your server

The next email should be fine.

Frank.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your input to this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Limei,

Was the server restarted recently?

Option 1) Anyhow, go and check 'Application URL' and 'Redirection URL' under configuration -> workflow -> SMTP server. If both these files contain any values then remove those values and save them.

Option 2) This link gests initialize either from the above values or the link which you use after restarting the server. The link used by the first user after server reboot to log in to CUP gets saved for View link. If the field values mentioned in Option 1 are already empty then restart the server and login to CUP using the right URL and you will be fine.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

I am in the same situation the view link is putting me into the portal iview but with an error

the link passed in the application URL is changed( or appended with some extra characters )

are you sure the 'view' link in the approvers email is the one which we use to get into CUP after restart?

Shed some light on this topic please

out dats source m user detial source are LDAP and authentication system is SAP UME

and we have created an Iview so that users can use portal to access the application .

thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, CUP always repopulates the link when the server is restarted/rebooted. The link used by the first user to access CUP after server reboot gets saved for View link. I have seen this issue before at some of my clients and I received the above response from SAP.

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

agree, it's a strange way of implementing this. Maybe they'll use the Application URL field in the future...

We also had customers where the desired host name had to be different from the real name (world wide access from different organisations), which also was a challenge.

Frank.