Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow response for HR tcodes PA30/PA20 - impact of Context Solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just implemented the Context Solution for Structural Authorization in our production environment. Through out our testing phase we were aware of somewhat slower performance with the context solution that without it.

However in production we came across a user who needs 30-45 minutes just to get to the PA30 initial screen. As far as I have seen CSSA only impacts data retrieval times and not simply opening the transaction. So we are surprised at this behaviour. She can however run HR reports without any such issues.

Its not a problem with the GUI version for the user as she gets the same error from a different PC as well. The only thing that we could find about this user is that she had access to a huge amount of HR data/objects. Does the context solution have a hard limit on the number of HR objects that a person can have access to?

I would appreciate any ideas!!!............Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

To improve the performance for users with structural profiles containing too many objects, generate the index for structural profile using report RHBAUS00. Check this link for more information.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/49/c0b83b5b831f3be10000000a114084/content.htm

Cheers,

Pavana

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not updating this thread for so long. I was aware of and using the RHBAUS00 and RHBAUS02 reports while posting. Somehow the performance was still very slow while using those reports.

The issue turned out to be related to custom coding for HRBAS00_GET_PROFL where we were not getting rid of duplicate profile values. Now, after a coding change the situation has improved a lot.

I am closing the thread. Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment!