cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infostructures or VendorManagedInventory (VMI)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sd-experts,

we plan to do a project like VMI (Vendor managed inventory) of SAP. I got the information that there is an other way to manage the inventory of the customer by me (the vendor). This is called InfoStructures (TX MC21).

But what is the difference? is it possible to use Infostructures for that? we plan also to get the information about the customer stock about EDI, but i didn't get any information how can i use for infosources!!

For VMI i will have PROACT (from help.sap.com).

ii am confused...

is there anyone who can help me?

cheers,

alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is that the sales info system (SIS) is not supposed to be updated from outside of SAP, hence no inbound communication exists. You might need to write your own programs for this.

Unfirtunately, I don't know any details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

mh, i think this idoc is only for distribution the information to other systems, isn't it?

i need an idoc / scenario in which i can receive stock information from customer. this information have to be inserted / added to infostructure and afterwards an order ack should be created and sent to customer.

all messages via EDI and iDOC... do you know anything how i can solve this without VMI itself? own development and using the PROACT idoc?

cheers,

alex

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The IDoc for infostructures is SOPGEN01. You can find this information by using Google. I've never used it myself.

[IDoc reference document|http://sapsdforum.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/idoc_handy_doc.pdf]

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jelena,

thank you very much for your answer.

next question, hopefully you know this: is there a standard idoc (EDI) communication out of the info structures?

cheers

alex

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have misunderstood SAP Help - it's not "another way". There is one infostructure S130, which is involved in the VMI process. It is a standard infostructure, created and maintained by SAP, you don't need to do anything about it.

The infostructures are also used in SIS/LIS, but it is not related to VMI.

[SAP Help Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/86/37e619f09b11d18ca1080009d10d9a/frameset.htm]