cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser right click context menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I want to get the browser right click context menu in the WD Application when they are running in portal. We don't want the SAP Default context menu, which is confusing for our end-users. Is there a way of disabling this. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Application parameters,

WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION as X "Context Menu

WDHIDEMOREFIELDHELPASDEFAULT as X "help

Regards,

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I know how to remove those options. But, my requirement is to completely disable the right click facility of the WebDynpro and enable the browser rightclick context menu. Because, the WD ABAP right click context menu is confusing our end users. Could you please suggest me a way for this. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using PERSONALIZATION parameter, you will not view that context menu right...It is not disabling the feature.It will remove the feature right. This is what you want right...

Check this WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS component and Run in Admin mode and make the settings here.

Be cautions when using this as it will have affect in all the applications.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. My requirements partly matches of what you have explained. Yes I dont want the WD context Menu and I want the default "Internet Explorer" right click working. How do I do this.

I tried the "WD_GLOBAL_SETTING" component. But, it is still showing the "Display QuickHelp" and "More Field Help" option are not getting disappeared. How do I make them invisible?

Please let me know of this, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Up to my knowledge,I think there is no option get back the browser context menu...I think it disabled by webDynpro framwork

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. If thats the case, then it is a pain for us using ABAP Webdynpro. Because, the iviews developed with WD JAVA will not have this option and the iViews with WD ABAP will have this special context menu. Which is not being consistent on the portal side for the end users.

Do you know any workaround for this issue. Because, it is causing quite an consistency problem.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WDHIDEMOREFIELDHELPASDEFAULT as X when you have set this parameter, the result is that the opup doesnt get opened ie

right click will just show you the Display help option when you click this this will not show the HELP.

Plase check it out....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I think you did not understand my question and requirement. I am talking about the Browser Right click. I dont want the Webdynpro Right Click. How can I do this..... Is this possible at all?

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Any Updates on this one?

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this is not possible....there is no option....Have you tried the same with firefox ...

Regards,

Lekha.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Because, the iviews developed with WD JAVA will not have this option and the iViews with WD ABAP will have this special context menu. Which is not being consistent on the portal side for the end users.

You must be running an older version of Web Dynpro Java then, because later versions have the same right mouse click context menu.

You can't return to the browser context menu, because the application can also defined application-specific options in the WD Context Menu. It isn't just the stuff that is placed in there by the framework. You would be disabling Application specific funcitonality then. You can hide some of the framework options as suggested already in this forum, but you can't go back to the browser context menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. None of our SAP Standard ESS iViews (Developed using WD Java) have the same context menu as the iViews developed using WD ABAP. We are on Netweaver 7.0. From which version of WD Java is the context menu available?

Regards,

Gopal.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I know that NetWeaver CE 7.1 WDJ has the right mouse click context menu. You have to remember that WDA is focsed on the 7.0 release. Therefore it receives new features originally via Support Packages and now via Enhnacement Packages. WDA didn't originally have context menus either - that feature was added via an early Support Package.

WDJ on the other hand doesn't receive new features in the 7.0 Enhancement Packages. WDJ gets enhancements only in the CE codeline and via the CE releases.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Refer this thread :

I hope it helps you in some way.