cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill to Party Uses in Sales Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

We know that we have different partner functions out of them one is Bill to Party who will receive the bill.

But when we create any bills or invoice that time customer is BILL TO PARTY. if we will see the customer name in Invoice the Payer Name is coming. It is required to my client that

Sold to Party is Mumbai-HO

Ship to Party is Delhi- Branch office

Bill to Party is Pune

Payer - Gurgaon

Then how i will generate the bill in name of PUNE. if we can not then what is use of this function?

Please clarify My doubt

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Payer is the partner who makes the Payment.

Bill-to-party, only receives the Bill (Invoice copy), he does not pay. It is possible that one Partner may perform both the functions. That means he himself is Payer as well as Bill-to-party.

In your case, Billing will be created for GURGAON office as Gurgaon office is the Payer.

Gurgaon office will make the Payment.

Billing document is created for Payer only, so you can create the for PUNE office. Beacuse PUNE office is not the Payer.

Whatever Bill has been created for Gurgaon office (Payer) , the Invoice copy will be sent to PUNE Office( Bill-to-party) for record purpose.

Bill-to-party's job is to keep record of all the Invoice copies (bills), nothing else.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have u generated the invoice in the name of bill to party instead of Payer?if its so pls tell me the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As clearly explained above,

In SAP, system billing document is created for the PAYER Partner function, Because payment is getting from the Payer & you enter that in SAP against the Payer. (So billing document has to be for the Payer)

Bill to Party is just a partner who receive the printout of billing document. Therefore he is not the Main party of SAP billing document like Payer (IN SAP Payment receive from the Payer, not from the Bill to Party)

Therefore you cannot generate the SAP Billing Document (VF01) for a Bill to Party.

As per you requirement, what I can suggest is, let system generate the billing document for "Gurgaon". Because your paymnet is coming from "Gurgaon".

Then In the Billing Document Printout, Print "Pune" as Main party. It's just a matter of changing the Billing Document Printout layout.

ABAP guy can do that.

Best regards,

Anupa