cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header text + copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

2 issues regarding header/item text and copy control.

Header text

I created a copy from the standard stales order "DR" (debit memo request) and from the standard order "CR" (credit memo request).

Can anyone tell me why the DR doesn't have a header text, while CR has the field available?

Or even better: could anyone tell me how I can have a header text for the sales order DR if it is not shown (via standard customizing)?

Item text

Other issue I have is with the item text: we are making a copy from the masterial sales text, however, on the sales order this text cannot be edited anymore. Any possibility to change this via standard customizing?

We make a copy from a standing sales order to a normal sales order, where the text is derived from the material sales text, but should remain editable on the normal (2nd) sales order.

Copy control

If we want to copy the item text and header text from sales order to billing document, which copy control to take?

Currently I have the standard copy control, however, for the CR sales order copy, the item text is copied. For the DR sales order copy... the item text is not copied from the sales order to the billing document...

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Regarding your first question..

Header Text

Can anyone tell me why the DR doesn't have a header text, while CR has the field available?

The CR document type might have got Text determination procedure assigned and DR doesn't have that. Check that in VOV8 or VOTXN.

-

Item text

Other issue I have is with the item text: we are making a copy from the masterial sales text, however, on the sales order this text cannot be edited anymore. Any possibility to change this via standard customizing?

We make a copy from a standing sales order to a normal sales order, where the text is derived from the material sales text, but should remain editable on the normal (2nd) sales order.

This can be configured in VOTXN, select the Sales Document Header radio button and click on the Change option, Select the relevant procedure and go to the "Text Id's in Text procedure" then Uncheck the "Reference" check box against the text id you are looking for. If this box is checked then the text will be referenced and is non editable, till the source text is changed.

--

Regarding your third issue, Once you assign the Text determination procedure to DR document type, it will take care of it.

Regards,

Aj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer!!

The text procedure assignment was not copied!

Remaining questions:

1). For the header text, by default 3 items appear: Form header, Header note 1 and Header note 2. It is only header note 1 whcih is copied to the billing document:

- what is triggering only this one to be copie

- how can I remove the other 2 as they'll cause confusion with the users

2). I'm starting with a template sales order with a dummy material.

This one is copied to a final order, where (via resource related billing = order related billing) the correct material is derived. However, the problem is that the line item text is copied from the line item of the template order (and thus the dummy material). How can I set the texts to be derived from the material when the copy is made from the standing sales order (so everything should be copied from the template order to the final order, except for the sales item text, should be derived from the material sales text at that moment)? For the copy from the final order to the billing document, no issue, line item text can be a simple copy from order.

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question 1.

how can I remove the other 2 as they'll cause confusion with the user

Remove the text-id's of the Header and Header note 3 from the text determination procedure assigned to the Billing document type. Make sure that you don't change the standard procedures, instead copy them to custom ones and assign them to your billing document type.

Question -2

How can I set the texts to be derived from the material when the copy is made from the standing sales order (so everything should be copied from the template order to the final order, except for the sales item text, should be derived from the material sales text at that moment)?

U don't want to copy the sales item text from the original sales order , instead derive it from Material sales text.

I don't its possible from standard config. You need to do the coding in the data-transfer routines of copy controls from order-order (VTAA) .

Hope this helps you.

Please mark the post as complete once its solved.

Regards,

Ajai.

Answers (0)