cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not need to sender communication channel for IDOC etc.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody give me the exactly explanation about why we don't need communication channel for sending IDOC/Proxy/HTTP/RFC but do for receiver side? i'm still a little bit confused...

many appreciation in advance.

Regards!

R.V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question answered many times in sdn,please search in sdn before posting:)

Sender Communication Channel adn sender agrement not required for IDoc ,HTTP adapters.these two adapters reside in ABAP Stack,that means in Integration Engine.The reason is that R/3 can directly send Idocs to XI via ALE layer using RFC destination specified in SM59. This IDoc after reaching XI is converted in IDoc-XML. This is done when we specify IDoc metadata IDX2 in XI. It is then used in IR for mapping.

Now for the receiver side, when IDoc-XML is created after mapping program run is sent to R/3. Before that, it has to

be converted into IDoc. This conversion is IDoc-XML to IDoc is done by IDoc Receiver adapter.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,your text is the most elaborate and understandable i've ever seen,thnx a lot..

Also others give me many appreciated clues abt it,

cheers,

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DUPLICATE POST

Edited by: Raja Sekhar Reddy T on Oct 28, 2009 6:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We do not create Sender Communication Channel for IDOC's and Proxy as its a direct Integration Engine to Integration Engine Communication. At R/3 side we do configurations where XI path details are mentioned and the Sender(R/3) knows whom to send the data to i.e SAP PI. Hence Sender Communications can be avoided and the IE of both (R/3 and PI) talk to each other directly.

But when it comes to the receiver end.....There is no way we can tell XI whom to send the data unless and until a receiver is configured.

Lets take it this way......how would XI know to whom to send data if no details of the receiver are feed to it.....??

Hence Receiver Channels are a must even in case of IDOCS and Proxy (which are suppose to be adapter less communication only when r/3 is Sender).

Cheers

Dhwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As per the architecture of PI - IDOC/Proxy/HTTP/RFC directly talks to Integration Engine and do not need any Adapters for the connection. You can read PI architecture and will get the more details on the same.

Regards,

Nitin Patil