cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Send Large Size File through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one help me to know the solution for my problem.

Actually i m tring to send 800MB of file but it not getting picked up, i know that XI has limitation in Size, can any one suggest me how to send the file. I mean i looking for Detailed discription how to send the large size file.

Any Blogs on this please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if it will work for you.. since i don't know any thing about your file and it's content.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

Second option could be using Java Proxy.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thank you for responding my Thread.

Coming to the content of the file, then it contains students record.

Can you suggest some more blogs to handle this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Coming to the content of the file, then it contains students record.

I think for this you can refer the [above blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2737] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, which describes to set the records per message. Just go through it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From the document : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac62214c7&override...

Large File Handling

In transaction code SXMB_ADM, Integration Engine Configuration, you can maintain parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT of category TUNING to process large messages in series. This applies to any kind of messages however especially files usually exceed the best performing message size, and hence this is mentioned here. Once set, all messages exceeding the specified value are processed in series in a separate message queue. Recommendation

Maintain the parameter in order to avoid that parallel processing of multiple large messages exceeds main memory resources. Furthermore, since large messages are processed in a separate queue the processing of smaller messages won't be affected or even blocked.

For large text files containing multiple records, you can split the same into multiple messages in the file/ftp adapter. This applies when File Content Conversion mode is chosen. In the communication channel, you have to maintain parameter Recordsets per Message.

For more details, please refer to SAP Help Portal http://help.sap.com, navigate to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 u2192 SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Library u2192 SAP NetWeaver Library u2192 SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability u2192 Process Integration by Key Capability u2192 SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure u2192 Runtime u2192 Connectivity u2192 Adapters u2192 File/FTP Adapter u2192 Configuring the Sender File/FTP Adapter u2192 Converting File Content in a Sender Adapter

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Pooja..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using File Adapter,use record set per message option in sender side,supoose if you given value is record set permessage is 1000,IT seelct 1000 record,then it seelct 1000 record like till end of the file.this is the one good option.

otherwise go for JAVA Proxy,write a logic split the file ,this is other option.

Regards,

Raj