cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve data from radio group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an input form going into a BAPI service. In my input I have a radio group control (for the user role selection) to let the user chose between 3 options:

0 - Admin

1 - Owner

2 - Overseer

The role selection is an int type in my Bapi. So when I map my form output to my BAPI service, I set the following assigned value to my field: NVAL(#ID[ACA1EDQ]@ROLE) to convert my radio group text value into an int value that can be red by the BAPI.

The problem is that it doesn't work. I have tried to map my form output to a table view to see what data was sent to the BAPI service and unfortuately nothing was sent. Is that a formatting problem ? How can I know which radio button was selected using integers ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Edited by: Thibault Schalck on Oct 28, 2009 3:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What event are you using to send the data to the service? If you have a submit button on your form then use the submit event to send the values. NVAL should work. I use radio buttons on a few of my forms to give different selection options to the user.

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the submit event to send the values and it sends everything but my radio button value :s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please choose system action as 'Select' (In the radio button -> action tab). & then choose event also as 'Select'. Then it will pass the perticular value which you select from radio group.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I already told it, I do not have the action tab on the radio button properties, this is why I can't manage to program any system action on that control !! Do you have any idea why I don't see this tab ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My mistake. Try this - Go to the screen where you have selected the event as 'Submit', there is option in the drop down as 'Others' choose that & then in the pop up choose the event 'Select'. Then in the same wiondow go to the assigned value & there you select the radio button string (Something like @STR1).

Make sure you have entered values properly in the Entry List. In Entry List there are 2 columns 'Value' & 'Display Text'. Display text can be anything as you want but Value should be the values which will get accepted by 'BAPI'. Because this value will go to the BAPI through the event 'Select'.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sandeep for your helpful answer. I coudln't do it with the radio button (the value of the button was never sent). So I used a drop down list instead and configured the select action on it and now it is working fine. Now I'll know that the select event is required for that type of control

Regards,

Thibault Schalck

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NVAL function doesn't seem to be working...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to select system action also. Which system action are you using?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that I do not have the Action tab on the control properties !! I only have the general, display, entry list and validation tabs !!