cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exits in Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am sure this tpic must have been discussed here quite a lot. I just want to know when do we use the customer exits while reporting. Like what are the probable likely scenarios where we are supposed to write user exits. in my case, I am working on these SAP delivered queries and modyfying them, when I am trying to restrict the values for Fiscal year and Posting period. I see that its has SAP Exit ( 0I_PMAX) i am guessing. and then its throwing me some errors because of this exits. How can we deal with this. I see there are SAP delivered exits for these two objects i guess.

Can soneome advice please,

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for information about these SAP exit variables (0I_PMAX and 0I_PCURR), and these are the facts that I have until now:

- To see the code run SM37 and view the code for RSVAREXIT_0I_PMAX.

- Going thru the code I see that this exit fills the variable with the interval (range) period 001 to N, and N is kept in the system and might mean the current month for FM Area (0I_PCURR) or maximum possible month according to the Fiscal Variant (K4)(0I_PMAX).

What is not still clear to me is where in the system the "to" information is stored, or by means of what transaction it can be updated.

As a workarround what we are doing is changing in the (Z copy of the) queries where these variables are used an interval "001" to 0P_FISCPER3.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KM,

Variables in Reports can be processed as :

Default/ User Entry

SAP Exit

Replacement Path

Customer Exits

You define these during the variable creation or in standard variables its already defined how the variable will be processed for its values.

Take a look at the link below it might help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/ee/1e9b3c334d8c15e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. usualy if you have tasks that the Query cannot address you can then try to implement via UE.

It will degregate the performance so you should be careful.

2. to check the UE you can go thru CMOD in BW and follow the Data Source to check the code.

you are then in ABAP environment so you can eliminate ABAP errors (compilation).

Reg's

Edan