cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capability in PI 7.1 for Interface (operation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a scenario to send GR data and also goods transfer data. Receiver will use IDOC.

so it should be two interfaces or a single interface.

In PI 7.1 we have a concept of multiple operations in a single interface.....so can these two (GR data and goods transfer data) be still in a single interface and with multiple operations?

Let me know if i am not clear?

Cheers,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I don't know about your specific IDOC data elements, but you can turn one source message into two different messages of different type using MultiMapping.

This blog should help you out:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

-- I'm sorry, the approach only works with AE adapters which doesn't include IDOC. You may need to use ccBPM.

Edited by: Aaron Myers on Oct 28, 2009 9:33 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

>>send GR data and also goods transfer data

Even though it is possible to add two IDocs as different operations in Service Interface but it will not work in your case. The reason being when the Message goes into ECC it will take the name of Service Interface(rather than the Individual Idoc). This service interface name is not know to ECC and hence it will fail in SXMB_MONI. Also because there is no provision to overwrite the Receiver interface, this approach should nto be followed

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

We are using PI 7.1 and based on some condition (Condition on source data from source structure) we need to invoke any one of the two IDOC's (GR data and Goods Transfer). (Even i am not sure if we use two IDocs for GR and Goods Transfer)

So can this be achieved using one Service Interface and two operations.....

Cheers,

Karthick

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

>>So can this be achieved using one Service Interface and two operations

Theoretically yes, practically no..

Because ECC will recognize your Service Interface and hence you will get an error in MONI

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in your case, you can create one interface with two operations ( one for GR and another for GT).

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Can you be more clear on this..how can this be achived....prior to PI7.1..such scenarios are handled using two interfaces....now its one interface with two operations..am i right?

do we have any blog on this one interface and two operations....i need to do lots of research on this...

Cheers,

Karthick

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is one blog which shows how to use two operations in one service interface (in both source and target SIs):

/people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/31/using-service-interfaces-now-reuse-one

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your interface is like :

GR and GT( Sender)----> IDOC(Receiver) ?

How are you getting the data from the sender system?

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

duplicate.

Edited by: Pooja Pandey on Oct 28, 2009 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

duplicate.

Edited by: Pooja Pandey on Oct 28, 2009 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,