Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing an infoobject in a query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are a few users who have access to BEx Query Designer and create most of their reports by Company Code. Company code is authorization relevant Info Object. I want to give access to this object in such a way that depending on the user access to specific company codes, it dispalys only those company codes when they use in a query, how can i achieve that. This should be applicable to any query in which they are using company code

Thanks

Rashmi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

When you define the query you have an option to define a variable. You need to define your query variable as 'Processing by Authorization'. For example if you define a Company Code variable like this and use it in your query then the query selection will populate the options with the Company Code values you have in your authorizations.

You can also do some pre-processing on the values populated in here using one of the 'I_STEP's in the function module Tom referred to (RSR00001). I think it's I_STEP=1 but you would have to check with an ABAPer.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Richard

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make use of analysis authorization to restrict your infoobjects. T-code rsecadmin can be used for this.

Here you can create auth objs for BI to restrict your data based on ifoobjs.

Regards,

Brahmeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

One option you may consider is an automated import of the company code authorisations from the users' R3 access into a DSO within the BI system, which you may then reference through the roles and analysis authorisations as a variable.

Editing the user exit in function modules to reference the entries in the DSO when a variable (e.g $BUKRS) is then possible, although this will require a lot of effort from BI, ABAP and yourself to implement, it gives you the option to dynamically allow access to the applicable company codes and carries the advantage that if R3 access changes, BI reporting will also be updated

I think the FM is RSR00001in transaction CMOD

Hope this helps,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

When you define the query you have an option to define a variable. You need to define your query variable as 'Processing by Authorization'. For example if you define a Company Code variable like this and use it in your query then the query selection will populate the options with the Company Code values you have in your authorizations.

You can also do some pre-processing on the values populated in here using one of the 'I_STEP's in the function module Tom referred to (RSR00001). I think it's I_STEP=1 but you would have to check with an ABAPer.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Richard