cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Two Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I m new to BusinessObjects, i have one requirement to develop a webi report but the problem is, data is availbe in two source systems one in SAP BW as query and another in Flat file, i created a universe on BW Query and another universe on Excel file. Now is it possible to join these two universes?

Could any one help me in this.

Thanks & Regards

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

you can add the two queries in your report (based on different universes) and use the Merge dimensions button (in the web-based report editor you can find the button beside the Variable editor button) to merge the data.

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In WebI Can you use Merge Dimensions concept for linking N data providers while creating report.

In DeskI you can use Linking Concept for linking two data providers. i.e. Data -> View Data-> there we will get all required data providers and based on your requirement we will common dimensions in all the data providers by selecting a dimension in one data provider -> select defintion there you will get link button -> select the required dimension from all other data providers.

Note: For linking dimensions among diff, Data providers the dimension data type must be same.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.