cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal navigation from J2EE JAVA Application (JSP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm running EP6 SP14.

I have a J2EE Application running on NetWeaver. It is not a JSPDynpage. I'm not using HTMLB. The application is available to the users from the portal only. I need help understanding how to integrate the J2EE application with the Portal. At the top of each JSP page, I need to provide links that navigate the user around the portal (eg; Return to Home TAB).

How do I do this? Is there a javascript file I need to include in the JSP? Do I need to change any XML files? What does the link in the JSP look like? What is the proper format of the navigation link?

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I am thinking that if your J2EE application uses UME API for authentication, then once you are logged into your application, you are also logged into the Portal (assuming the portal is set up to use the same UME). But, the links you can provide in your JSP of your J2EE application would be no different than any other link to the Portal.

If I am in the wrong direction, I am not sure I understood your question.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if my note was confusing.

I have 2 questions

1. What JARs (or other components) do I need to add to my JAVA J2EE application such that the JSP can do the EPCM.doNavigate command to navigate around the portal? How does the JSP know about EPCM?

2. What is sample code to include in my JSP?

Regards,

Kevin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Were you able to use EPCM.doNavigate in the JSP of the J2EE application ??

If so, please do let me know.

Regards,

Adren

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Were you able to make it  work? I need to do the samething now. Please let me know. Appreciate your help. Thanks.