cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service unavailable error after installing the preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had installed the full java version successfully but could not run portal using http://localhost:50100/ (or http://localhost:50100/irj/portal)

Getting the following error:

503 Service Unavailable

Application stopped.

Details: You have requested an application that is currently stopped

I had checked (tried a few times) and made sure all services and nodes under those are running fine in MMC. All of them are full green.

I dont have any antivirus running on my machine.

Is there any thing else missing that i need to check. How do i get the developer trace. Is there any log/trace file that i can check.

Appreaciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

login to visual administrator.

under server -> services

find out the service <b>prtbridge</b>

check whether it's running or not.

if it's not running start the service.

if u found problem to restart the service.

stop all instances, restart the Instance.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Thanks a lot for the information.

For some reason i am having authentication porblems logging into visual administrator version 7.0. I was not asked to set a password for Visual adminstrator when downloading the preview, i had used all possible password for adminstrator user but did not work.

Is there a default password set?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

found the default password...its abcd1234 (for benefot of others) i can connect to the visual administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal, i checked the prtbridge service and its up and running.

Jawahar, Stopped all services and rebooted my machine couple of times...with no luck.

Any other setups/checks that i am missing? Am pretty sure it is some setup thats missing as every thing seems to be in Order and working including Netweaver developer studio and am able to deploy applications, its just that i can not run.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to \usr\sap\...\DV....(or J...)\work\

find dev_server, dev_dispatcher....files which will have the information . or sort by date and time and check the recent logs.

regards

Anand.M

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is a work around. Please stop all the service and restart the system. It may help you.

Also ensure that all the services are running (check in windows services)

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj