cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects from demo system to development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been developing objects on a temporary system.

The scenarios are up and running.I have now got to move them to the development which will be installed now.

I have saved the tpz files of repository and dirtectory...

How Do I manage the SLD?? The software components???

Im a beginner in this..pls help

Regards,

Teja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Hi Soumen,

In this case either u hav to create BS/TS in ur DEV SLD or transport from source SLD to DEV SLD.

To transport BS and TS follow these steps.....

1) select all the technical systems you need to transfer in ur source SLD.

Then, choose Export.

Note : Associations for business systems with no technical system in the target SLD will be lost. This will

result in error messages. Ensure that all technical systems are selected.

2) Choose Download file and Save the Zip archive.

3) Choose Administration on the traget SLD home page.

Then, Choose Import.

4) Browse to the exported file and choose Import File.

Follow same for BS also.....

U can check dis also....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Create a SWC under a non SAP product and import tht in IR thru tools->transfer from SLD->import SWC and then import ur TPZ files as well...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

What i meant was..

In SLD when go to Administration -> Export

Will I get all SWCV too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

While exporting TS.....automatically all the installed products,SWC,business system under tht TS will be transported in ur target SLD...if u want same naming convension..then transport all TS nad BS form source to target SLD wid help of BASIS guys as i hav mentioned in my 1st post....

Else if u want different naming convention, thn create a non SAP product in SLD and a SWC under tht...

but i think u should follow the 1st way as ur SWC must be same to transport TPZ files...(if not u want to trasnpost individual design and config objects)..

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

The following sequence should be followed while transporting XI Objects from DEV to QA

1) Export the DEV SLD with export All on your desktop...Export ALL will contain All products,SWCV,TS,BS ...(.zip file)

2)Go to QA XI and import the above .zip file in QA SLD.

3) Now create TS & BS for QA XI ..give related integration server of QA XI .....Now QA XI will have BS of DEV as well as QA.

4) Create Transport Groups in QA SLD for DEV & QA Business systems based on their integration server.

5) Now create Transport targets in QA SLD for all DEV B.S........give QA B.S as target for each B.S.....

6) Export IR Objects from DEV and import in QA

7) Export ID Objects from dev and import in QA...it will be in change list..provide the User credentials,directory path and file name for QA and Activate....Since we have given the transport targets of QA ...the dev business systems will automatically get changed into QA business systems.

Follow the same for Transporting from sandbox to Dev.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra ,

How Do I manage the SLD?? The software components???

---> If you want to retain the same naming convention . you can export the tpz file and import it in new server for both Ir/ID objects. In Id objects may be you will miss few things you need to punch that info again in new server .

I don't think your basis team will be in favor of establishing a connection of sandbox system to dev system in ladscape.

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Do I have to re create teh non sap products and swc again in the new sld???

So I can use the IR and ID objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra ,

Do I have to re create the non sap products and swc again in the new sld???

you can import the TPZ files !!

So I can use the IR and ID objects?

sure , import the TPZ's .

Regards ,

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

check this thread

Regards

Suraj