cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the cell value in Excel Sheet in WD Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have an application which is used to upload and download excel sheet.I can upload the excel sheet through Upload UI element and also able to download the same file through Download UI.But before download I want to validate the excel sheet.If data is not proper in the excel then I have to put some comment (cell comment).I am able to read each cell value,but not ble to put any comment.Once I pt commen in the cell,the download file should display the commented in the excel sheet.

Please let me know how to update hte excel sheet.

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Can anybody please help me on this.

I want to change the cell value and put some comment in the cell.I am able to upload and down load the file.

But want to modify the cell before I download so that when I down load the file,the changed value should be reflected in the download file.I am usng HSSF api ti read the cell.

Regards

-Sandip

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sandeep,

I'm not sure about the HSSF apis, however, i inserted the Cell Comments using jexcel apis. There is a method setComment(java.lang.String s, double width, double height) in class WritableCellFeatures using which you can insert cell comments

For more details refer [link|http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/resources/javadocs/current/docs/jxl/write/WritableCellFeatures.html]

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abhinav,

These is also method in HSSF api setCellComment() / setCellValue.When I an trying to print the value,I am getting the newly entered value.But when I am trying to download the excel sheet.I am getting the old values.

Any other help will be highly appreciated.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Are you saving the document after setting the comment to the cell? According to the description I understood as you are trying to download the old version of document. Try to save the document after you did the modifications.

Thanks

Madhu