cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert RDI file forms to SAPScript format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are currently implementing a change on how the forms are to be processed. Currently, the forms are in SAP but being pushed to Streamserve application for layouting and formatting. The way it is triggered is that from SAP, it triggers an RDI file to be sent to the Streamserve application for layouting before it is being sent to output device.

And now we want to change it by getting rid of application and have the SAPScript format the forms. Have read some documentation onf converting SAPScript to RDI file. Is there links/documentation on how to do the reverse side? Any information you can share on how to go about it?

Thanks a lot!

Napoleon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen such a conversion within SAP (and it is not needed). You will have to develop your own converter.

But why do you convert to RDI if it's not needed anymore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you cannot do that. But the RDI always comes from a SapScript so you could just remove the RDI setting on the SAPScript form. But any externally maintained layouts would be lost, and I cannot imagin any possible feasible reason to go back to SAPScript maintained layouts in your scenario.

Could I get you details Sabado? I would like to discuss this in more detail offline.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, Sandra,

Thanks for the reply. We understand that any output layouts will be lost, but that's ok. Our intention is now to process the layouting of forms from an external application to push it back to a SAP based solution via SapScript. In this way, we get rid of the external apps and its associated cost, in turn, drive some efficiency in the IT process.

Do you know how to disregard the RDI settings?

Cheers,

Nap