SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive data from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I archive some data from SAP, what is the procedure to do it and the TCodes. Whether I can take archive and copy the data into the CDs, when it is require how can I provide the data into the system, total procedure and the solution. Please guide me so that I can archive some data from our server. Thanks & Regards, Kuntal Guha Roy

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u are archiving Idocs,u can use the transaction SARA and view the archived Idocs in the SARI table.

If u are interested in archiving billing docs,u should follow the order of archiving them in the order of invoices,billing docs and then meter reads using SARA transaction.

Also search on the forum for more details.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kuntal:

Perhaps this is a poting that does not belong in this forum and maybe in the Document Management forum. This forum is for the Utilities Industry Solution.

THe link to the document management forum is:

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP provide standard pre-defined SARA object of most (90%) of all the IS-U data objects. So depending on the functionality that you are currently using, you probably will not have to create any new objects. Things to remember in Archiving around IS-U is that due to the high integration of data thought out the IS-U vertical you will need to pick a date in time that you want to archive back from. Then you can work with the Functional Team to determine what the order of the objects you want to archive. There are MANY dependancies in the IS-U data model, so you will need to be careful that you don't archive/delete items in the wrong order. I (Technical Architect / Basis) have all ways had the Functional Teams provide the list of object and the order to archive/delete them. But rule thume is, last data in, first data out. So you would need to archive Invoicing docs, before Billing, Billing before payments and meeter reads.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Under ISU ->Tools->Data Archiving -> lot of menus are there.

Please select as per your requirement.

OAG1 : fo SAP ArchiveLink basic Settings

Else t/code : SARA by which almost parts are covered.

Regards

Shashi