cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Support / Error Monitoring in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in ramp up for an October partial Release of XI and I'm starting to get a little bit worried about production support. It seems like there are a LOT of places that things have to be monitored in XI, and some of them aren't obvious.

Here's a specific example I could use some help with:

We have an incoming XML file that is being sent over to SAP and processed in an RFC. The RFC does some pre-processing and sends out an error email if there are any problems. If the interface fails in XI, you can check sxmb_moni and easily see the red flag. I'm ok with both of those situations.

However, we have some test cases where the job fails between XI and R/3 in the RFC adapter. In those cases, all you get is a little note in the adapter monitor, which may not even show the next day which is when someone would probably notice that something wasn't right.

Is there a way to keep a closer watch on the adapter monitor, and have it alert someone anytime there is an error in an adapter?

Or does someone else have a strategy for dealing with problems like this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vanda,

If you are SP14 and above, you can cofigure Alerts for Adapters..

Other than this, you need to monitor manually/periodically the interfaces in SXMB_MONI,RWB->Message Monitoring etc..

Even you can think for CCMS alerts for Component monitoring.So that if anything is down you can get an email etc.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. It took me a while to figure out that we have version 2004s and not version 2004 which, for whatever reason, has completely different SP numbers. But yes, I think we are above that SP.

Do you by any chance have a link to any information about how to turn on this monitoring?

Thanks

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanda,

<i>But yes, I think we are above that SP.</i>

Yes, you are right this is PI 7.0

For this you need to configure the Alerts in XI-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

In RWB while creating Alert Rules, you need to choose the Adapter Option..

For More- SAP Note- 913858

For CCMS Alerts -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/42fb24ff-0a01-0010-d48d-ed2...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

additionally you might want to refer to the XI Admin Check document from SAP that elaborates which checks should be carried out periodically as part of a central monitoring strategy and how they are carried out. The document is attached to SAP Note 884865.

Regards

Christine

Answers (0)