cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process and sub Process IN ERM and CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are in intial stage of GRC implimentation. Now I am uploading the roles into ERM and CUP. I have defined business processes and sub processes for the roles and upload the roles successfully in ERM. But when I am doing the same excercise in CUP especially during creation of sub process it is not allowing the charecter "-" in the name space.

E.g. Business process name is EHS-SM (Uploaded to CUP)

Sub process name is EHS-SM1.1 (not allowing to create in CUP wher as successfully created in ERM)

My question is

1. why it allows me to do the same thing in ERM but not in CUP.

2. Is there any way to maintain the name with chaecter "-".

For your information I am in the phase of defining the attributes for the roles.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Edited by: Sunil Varghese on Oct 28, 2009 10:59 AM

Edited by: Sunil Varghese on Oct 28, 2009 11:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CUP doesn't support most of special charecters, you might need to rework your ERM BP and SUB-BP. First Create all in CUP and if it allows you to do successfully, then only create in ERM. Also there are length limitations in CUM lower than ERM, plus you need to keep all upper case in Attribute data I guess. Please do take care of all.

Regards,

Sabita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

What Support pack are you on for CUP?

Although "-" will not work, "_" will for most attributes. However, there are indeed character restrictions on a lot of the configuration names within CUP.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to make it done.

Because all my business sub process are in the same format and i have sucessfully done it in ERM but not able to do in CUP.

If we cant do it, I will say it is a big drawback in GRC.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Sorry, there is no way to do this. You will have to change BP and SBP in ERM and allign them with CUP.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I will have a hard time ahead with BP and SBP. all are in the same format. I dont think my company will agree to change the name of there BP or SBP because they are thousands in count and also there is no other way around in GRC,

Let give me a try...

Thanks Guys for your support and time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I will have a hard time ahead with BP and SBP. all are in the same format. I dont think my company will agree to change the name of there BP or SBP because they are thousands in count and also there is no other way around in GRC,

Let give me a try...

Thanks Guys for your support and time.