cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert inbound email as an attachment in a new email

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry experts. I think this question is more apropriate in the ABAP forum, but since I'm doing this from a BSP application, and there are no answers from there I'll check with the experts here.

I need to send in a reply of an email, the source email as an attachment (even if it have attachments included).

At outlook, we can save an email as a .msg file to the hard disk, and the attach it in a new email.

In a bsp application (such as IC Webclient), do you think it is possible to do this automatically?

I can get all the information relative to an inbound email (by knowing it's SOODK id), by doing the following line codes.

DATA: LV_MAIL_DATA TYPE REF TO CL_CRM_EMAIL_DATA.
DATA: SOME_SOODK TYPE SOODK.

SOME_SOODK = 'RAW30000000006996'.
LV_MAIL_DATA = CL_CRM_EMAIL_UTILITY=>GET_MAIL_DATA_FROM_SO( IV_OBJECT_ID = SOME_SOODK ).

In lv_mail_data, I can see the headers, the TO and FROM email adresses, the body of the email, and it's attachments.

What I don't know how to do, is to take this email as a whole object, and insert it as an attachment in a new email to be sented.

Anyone can give a clue?

Thanks!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not needed anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I'm having the same requirement, as you mentioned. i.e. ( is to take the email as a whole object, and insert it as an attachment in a new email).

Can you help me out in this, if you already found the solution. Or is there's any alternate way if you have. Thanks !

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

At the time the customer abandoned this idea, so I've never went through with this.

Sorry not having a better answer for you Mahi.

Kind regards and good luck,

Bruno