Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Description differ in different language

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have some roles that was created when default language was DE. But later stage default language changed to EN.

Role those were created in DE language: Description maintain only possible if log-in with DE language. We have change description of one role with DE language. But that change is not visible when we log-in with EN language. Description of that role is different in different language in the same system (DEV)

However profile generation for these roles are possible in EN language. Is there any way that we can change these roles default language to EN???

Arpan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you tried se63 to translate your already existing roles??

I hope it would help you. Search over forum for this.

Also Z_ROLE_SET_MASTERLANG looks like a customized report, not sure it works everywhere.

REgards,

Brahmeshwar

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Its really strange

Normally, even if you change language before login to system, the description of the role should be in english only because they SAP AG has not changed languages for role, profile and tcode descriptions

this case, i guess check the role description in quality and productions systems aswell

I guess in DEV system, may while creating the user description written in german langauge, find out

cheers,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please apply the note-854311 and follow the below mentioned procedure.

For changing role description, please run the report Z_ROLE_SET_MASTERLANG.

It will ask for Agr_name(Role name) and orgin_lang(required language)

Regards,

KKRao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you tried se63 to translate your already existing roles??

I hope it would help you. Search over forum for this.

Also Z_ROLE_SET_MASTERLANG looks like a customized report, not sure it works everywhere.

REgards,

Brahmeshwar

0 Kudos

Z

• is customized. However can any of you give me idea on SE63. Seems this may work.

0 Kudos

> Z* is customized. However can any of you give me idea on SE63.

The mentioned reports sourcecode comes with note 854311 and because you have to create it yourself it has to start with a Z......

0 Kudos

Hi,

As Jurjen said is correct. You can get the source code from the note 854311.

The source code is there under Attachments heading in the same note.

Please check.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.