Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam having some problem with function group while moving to QAS(Quality System).It says that there is some syntax error in SAPLZTRN(its has field which doesn't exist in table, iam thinking that somebody might have created the field and then deleted it but is that true that when you delete the field in the table it doesn't delete in Saplztrn system generated program and is it advisable to remove that field manually from saplztrn program) WHERE ZTRN IS MY FUNCTION GROUP.

I have one more question when does this function get affected i.e like when we try to do a table maintanence or when? i mean when does ztrn has to be moved i.e each time we do a table maintenance or when?

Its little bit urgent

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks in advance

Suchitra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I don't know what R3TR AND FUGR MEAN PLEASE BE LITTLE BIT CLEAR and you are talking of doing this in t code se10.

Thanks for your time and effort

suchitra

21 REPLIES 21

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

The field though deleted from the database table will not be automatically deleted from the places inside your program where it is used.The syntax error in this case is obvious.What you need to do is to ..

Locate the places where this field has been used and manually remove them.If the table maintenance generator has not been regenerated then you need to do that w.r.t to the table maintenance.

<i>Please reward helpful answers</i>

Cheers

Nishanth

0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

what you told is true for user written programs but whats like in system generated programs like saplztrn for function group.

please clarify.

0 Kudos

In the case of saplztrn, I assume that this is the table maintenance function group, re-generating the table maintenance program will fix any syntax errors in this program.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Please look at the answers for all your other posts and please close all except one, since they all are related to the same issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

THE TABLE WHICH I NEED TO RE -GENERATE THE TABLE MAINTAINENCE IS CREATED BY SOME BODY AND WHEN I TRIED TO DELETE THE OLD TABLE MAINTAINENCE AND IS ASKING FOR NEW REQUEST.iF I CREATE A NEW REQUEST AND DO I NEED TO RELEASE IT AND MOVE IT QAS AND PRD BECAUSE IAM NOT SURE WHATS THAT IS BEING USED FOR.

waiting for valuable reply

0 Kudos

Yes, when you delete the old one, it is going to ask you for a new transport. Use the same transport to also include the new table maintenance. All this transport is going to effect is the deletion of the old table maintenance for this table and create a new one. The function group itself will not be deleted if you do this, so don't worry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suchitra,

Can you make your question a bit more clear.

Shejal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to regenerate the Table maintenance using the SM30 transaction. Then you have click on the check box delete screens and regenerate..

Then it automatically does everything.

Regards,

Sampath.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when there is any changes in table , you need to Delete the old table maintenance and regenerate the new one.

<b>Regenerate the table Maintenance</b> .

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

hi,

The error is because of the changes made in the table. So as to reflect the changes made delete the old table maintainence and <b>Regenerate a new Table Maintainence</b>.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suchitra,

try Regenerating the Table Maintenance.

hope this helps,

priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deleting the field for the table it important to adjust and activate the table.

for that

se11>utilities>database utilities

click on

activate and adjust database. ( select save data radiobutton)

it is very important to adjust database. most of the think is taken care by this automatically.

Hope it works for u

Mark Helfull answers

Regards.

Message was edited by: Manoj Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that i have been modifying this program which intially was written by somebody else.

The mistake i did ws i has used the already existing function group.When i tried to move the table which i was asked to create for the same program has already like 10 ztables.When i tried to move my ztable with the function group(ztrn) it says there is an syntax error in SAPLZTRN .

Now iam planning to creta a new function group say ztrn1 and when i tried to delete the table maintainence it aks foe new request because the old one has been released and when i created a new request and deleted the old function group ztrn adn gave the new function i.e ztrn1 is being saved under same request automatically because iam deleting the old one and adding the new one.

Hope you guys can get a picture of what iam talking about.

To be more specific when i check the transport it has both the old function group and new one too.

When i tried to do the extended check it still shows the errors in old function group and i am confused if i try to move these again it would result in error or it should be fine.

Waiting for your replies

Suchitra

0 Kudos

You can move the request to QAS now as anyway you have deleted the old function group.

Have a try.

Cheers

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i still show in my new transport.Is that ok.

0 Kudos

Could you do similar extended check for old function group and try to find out the error. As currently you have de-linked your table gen. FG with old FG and created new one.

If there is an error in old FG and you have no option to rectify the error and don't want to transport it, then you can delete FG object from your transport request before releasing it..

Cheers

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

could you please tell me how to delete the old function group object from my transport.

dev914888 (main transport)

dev914889 (sub)

function group

ztrn (oldone)

ztrn1 (new one)

but iam deleteing the old one and i don't know its asking request even when you delete it.

Please advice me

\

suchitra

0 Kudos

You place the cursor on old FG ztrn and press Shift+F1. It will prompt you to delete.

Or double click on the task (sub) go in change mode, find your old FG with R3TR & FUGR, select the record and press Delete Row.

Hope am clear,have a try.

cheers

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I don't know what R3TR AND FUGR MEAN PLEASE BE LITTLE BIT CLEAR and you are talking of doing this in t code se10.

Thanks for your time and effort

suchitra

0 Kudos

- Goto se10 with your name, press enter.

- Select your task of request and double click to go change request/task screen.If you are in display, go to change mode.

- There you see three tabs properties, objects & documentation. Go to objects tab.

- You can see old function group entry as follows

Function Group|R3TR|FUGR|old FG

Select this record and click on delete row button which is above that table control.

Hope am clear now

Cheers

Manohar

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think all has been discussed in depth.

Just this little recommendation: For table maintenance, use the table or view name as name of function group. You will never have any conflict again.

And it is smart and easy.

regards,

Clemens