cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to create inspection lots during In-House production (shop floor)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per our requirement we need to inspect a material multiple times (3-4 times) during shop floor production. It means we want to check a material say after operation 30, 50, 70 and 110 (of routing). We don't want to start operation 50 unless inspection of material after operation 30 is over. We don't want to start operation 70 unless inspection of material after operation 50 is over and so on.

How can we attain this? We have assigned inspection type 03 in material master - quality management. We have assigned various MICs in concerned operations. Inspection lot is getting generated as soon as the release of production order takes place and it contains all MICs (and operations). We are able to make the result recording and defect recording for all operations at the beginning only.

Is it possible to create multiple inspection lots for these operations and is it [possible to restrict the confirmation of later operation unless inspection of previous operation is over i.e. a usage decision is already carried out for previous operation.

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Puneet

Please find my inputs

1) In OPK4 config make Sequence for the order type you are using Mandatory - Error if sequence is not adhered to

2) Also make in OPk4 result recording - error if no inspection result exists

If you do this then only after operation 0010 is confirmed you can do the 0020 operation. Result recording can be done all operation but you cannot do confirmation

3) If you want to block result recording of other operations then you can use exits for the same. if you need more detials please let me know

4) Usage decision is for entire lot so make sure that after completing all the operation only you do the Usage decisison

Hope this helps

Regards

gajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to create multiple inspection lots for these operations and is it [possible to restrict the confirmation of later operation unless inspection of previous operation is over i.e. a usage decision is already carried out for previous operation.

No you can not have multiple lots for inprocess but you can definetly restrict the Next operation confirmation unless prior operation is confirm.

OPK4 > Plant / order type > Results Rec. (QM) > Error message if not inspection results exits

Please refer follwoing threads

I hope this will give you some valuable input

Regards

Sujit