cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I tell if it is SAP Oracle media or regular Oracle media

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I find out if SAP Oracle media was used during an SAP installation. Is there a way to check at the file system level under /oracle?

I only use the SAP oracle media however since I wasn't on the project and a previous inexperienced Basis consultant did the install I have my doubts....

Thanks

Mikie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

under cfgtools/oui you should find the runInstaller logs

A SAP Installation should refer that the installation has

been done with a SAP Responsefile.

Like this:

INFO: This installation is being performed using response file E:/sapcds/ora102/NT/AMD64//sap/SAPServer.rsp.

This applies to the installation of the base release, which is

installed with SAP Script RUNINSTALLER.

I think there is no way to validate, what type of patchset has been used.

Best regards

Volker

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not perfect, but check you ORACLE_HOME environement variable.

if it is X:\ORACLE\DEV\102 or /oracle/DEV/102_64, then this is probably a SAP installation

if it is C:\ORANT, D:\ora92 or similar, this is probably an Oracle install.

This being said, there are not big differences between both sets of installation disks. the main difference remains in how you started the install, the SPA install use sapserver.cmd on Windows and RUNISNTALLER on Unix. These scripts choose pre-defines options and values. For the rest, it's the same files that are installed.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may find out if you check the init<sid>.ora file. If it has underscore parameters then you most likely the SAP installation media was used. If you don't see any underscore parameters then the installatoin was very likely done with standard media.

Markus

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if that is possible (if they installed properly the software)

But you can check if the ORACLE_HOME follows SAP standard or Oracle one.

Also the location of the alert log can tell you that.

Finally, what options are installed? If the ORACLE CDs are used you have to choose them, and you can choose too many or too little.