cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception aggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to create a universe with BeX query which has 'Exception aggregation' set in one of its key figures?

Will the aggregation happen properly as specified in the query. Its BeX 7.0 query and for BOXI3.1

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OLAP universes support exception aggregation.

In fact the exception aggregation is done at SAP BW side and is supported by OLAP BAPI.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didler,

I have a Keyfigure in SAP BW Bex Query using Exception Aggregation.

Its not reflected into BOBJ Properly, Its giving incorrect results.

I also tried in the Edit Properties of the Keyfigure (In Universe Designer) by Changing the Aggregated Function to Sum, None, database delegated (Ofcourse for database delegated i always get #TO REFRESH; So i never use it).

Your response is higly appreciated.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to replicate this Exception aggreagtion logic in Universe itself.

Requirement is as bellow.

I have two key figures in Bex report, 1)Amount and 2)number of records. There is one characteristic document number. I need to create calculated keyfigure equal to (Amount / Number of records) and this is with exception aggregation "Total" with "ref Characteristic" Document number.

Example of data is as below

Company| Doc no| Amount| No record

M A 100 1

M A 100 1

M B 150 1

M B 150 1

M B 150 1

Required Result at Doc no level

Company Doc No Amount No Record

M A 100 2

M B 150 3

And Summarized result at Company M without Doc no should be 250. It should not be Sum of Amount / Sum of No record. Which will be (650/6) = 108.33.. IT's WRONG.

I am using exception aggregation in BEx as mentioned above and it's working fine in Bex. But in WEBI it does not work due to "databse delegated" option set for that measure. I want to create this measure directly in Universe with similar logic to overcome this issue. Let me know if you have any sample code to achieve this.

Thanks

MDK

Edited by: Mohan Kotwal on Apr 22, 2010 12:45 AM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the exception aggregation should be on the BW side and in the Universe you set the key figure to database delegated. You can't rebuild it in the universe

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ingo.

But then I need to use Databased deleated option for that measure and then I get #TOREFRESH message for each measure having database delegated option. And when I refresh the query, all measures show blank data. I looked at note 1426779 which says Fixpack 2.7 has been set for this bug. Do you know when this fixpack is getting released?

That's the reason I was thinking of using normal key figure in Bex (without Exception aggregation) and put this logic in Universe measure itself so that I can avoid database delegated option on the measure...

Let me know your thoughts..

Thanks again

MDK

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for keyfigures with Exception Aggregation you should set the function in the Properties to Database delegated.

The reason for doing so is that then Web Intelligence is not summarizing but instead it is asking for the summaries from the BW system, which is also the reason why you will see the "REFRESH" in the Web Intelligence report.

Click "refresh" again and Web Intelligence will pick up the correct numbers from the BW system.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo for the response.

I tried refreshing Web Intelligence Report lot of times but i still get "#TOREFRESH" error when i set Aggregation function to be Database Delegated.

I have this problem not only for Exception Aggregation Keyfures but also for other normal key figures from SAP BW.

Environment: BO 3.1 SP2; BEx Designer 3.5

Your help will be highly appreciated.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you set the function Database delegated then you will for sure get the TOREFRESH and you need to refresh you report a second time to get the correct numbers.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Ingo, I have refreshed the WEBI Report more than 3 times but i still get the same error "#TOREFRESH".

Sometimes i get "#UNAVAILABLE" error too. I never got correct results so far if i set measure aggregation to Database Delegated.

Now i need that Exception Aggregation Keyfigure, but i am not sure how make it properly reflected into Business Objects from SAP BW.

I hope you understand my problem.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

Edited by: deep reddy on Nov 24, 2009 5:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create local filters in your Web Intelligence document?

"#UNAVAILABLE" appears when you create filters in your reports that contains measures with database delegation

This is due to the fact Web Intelligence is not able to coumpute locally the aggregation with local filters and need to modify the query by adding those local filters in the query definition.

Here is an extract of the "xi3-1_web_intelligence_formulas_functions_calculations_en.pdf".

<ul>#UNAVAILABLE appears when Web Intelligence cannot calculate the value

of a smart measure.

This situation occurs when Web Intelligence cannot display the values in a

filtered smart measure without applying a filter to the query. Because this

carries a risk of impacting other reports based on the same query, Web

Intelligence does not apply the query filter.

</ul>We plan to solve this limitiation in the future but it needs large investment.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

Thanks for your response.

I did not create any local filters in my Web Intelligence document.

Let me put it my question straight forward:

I have created a Restricted Key figure with Exception Aggregation in BEx Designer and used it in SAP BW Bex Query.

I created OLAP Universe on that SAP BW Bex Query and in properties of that Key figure Aggregation is set to database delegated.

When i use that Keyfigure in my WEBI Report i get "#TOREFRESH" error; I have refreshed the same WEBI Report more that 5- 6 times. But i still get that "#TOREFRESH" error.

Environment: BO 3.1 SP2; Bex Designer 3.5.

your help is highly appreciated.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you create a trace file for this report. Details on how to do it are here:

Tracing:

Unix : Note 1235111

Windows : Note 1260004

Post a link to the logfile (don't post the content).

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!!

I have a webi report that use database delegated for 2 measures.

The problem that i have in this moment is that i have to use a filter to unshow some information.

For example my report has the information from 5 countries and i need to show only 2 countries in one tab of my report and in otrher tab i have to show the information of the other 3 countries.

When i use a filter inside the report, the information that use database delegated show me the following values: #NOT AVAILABLE.

How can i solve this problem??

I will wait for your answer.

Ruddy Alvarado