cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How complete a kernel is SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am running a ECC 6.0 on an Iseries using the 7.00 kernel.

A question regarding the two .SAR archives (SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR) that SAP claims to be a complete kernel. Why are some programs like LGTST (really handy for checking if your system is up!) not included as part of the two SAR bundles? Is that technically not part of the kernel?

Moggie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see all components (SAP executables) in Service market place under Kernel.

Along with the 2 files you mentioned above, you can get all single components as well.

There can be some executables which are not mandatory for standard kernel and they are not included in the 2 default files.

Some of these single components are upgraded and their higher version are available as single components and not bundled in the Kernel archives.

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mobggie, Just to add - you need to down load latest disp+work and R3trans along with SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR

so as to have the latest kernel.

Regards, Amber S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning, you two.

Thanks for your help. I suspected as much it wasn't as complete as I would have liked, though it is in fairness a complete kernel in the fact that SAP can run on it.

I've awarded the appropriate points to both of you, and have marked the thread solved. In addition to the two files, I will download the latest dispatcher, transport tool, and the lgtst program.

Thanks fopr your help

Moggie