cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ST03 data since Sunday Oct. 25th, for multiple SAP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I support a large amount of different SAP customers on different OS's, DB's, SAP versions, different time zones, etc. Since Sunday Oct. 25th '09, multiple customers have no data in ST03 - there's only a couple hours of data from Sunday, and no data from Monday or Tuesday. All collector jobs are running fine, no errors, and no changes were made to these systems on Sunday.

In the past I've had ST03 data missing due to time zone changes, so I think this is related to daylight savings somehow. I guess Daylight Savings in parts of Europe was on Oct. 25th. But our customers' are based in the US, and time zone settings are correct and we haven't made any changes - we were planning on stopping the systems this coming weekend at the normal time.

Is anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? Since we have unrelated customers that all stopped getting ST03 data on the same day, I strongly belief the date / time change is a clue...

Thanks in Advance,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

Can you check if the SAPOSCOL is running and the "SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFORMANCE_MONITOR" batch job is scheduled correctly?

> Since Sunday Oct. 25th '09, multiple customers have no data in ST03 - there's only a couple hours of data from Sunday,

Yes, it seems to be related to the daylight saving time that happened in Europe the last Sunday, but I donu2019t understand how this can affects your US systems.

Did you try to run the report u201CTZCHECKSYu201D in order to check the time zones parameters in one of your US Systems?

Iu2019m managing Systems in both Europe and US and Iu2019m not experiencing those kind of problems.

Regards,

Federico Biavati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

Thanks for your response. I was able to find a solution (two actually):

1. "Note 919538 - Daylight saving time start/end in USA and Canada as of 2007"

We had this rule in place in the default client, but not in client 000, where the stat collector job runs - so there was an hour difference in 000 as of Sunday, but it didn't show up because the time zone is always shown in standard time.

To resolve this, we could manually enter the new rule in STZBC, or using Note 198411(Current data and information about time zones) we can import the set of updated Time Zone data to client 000, which is what we did.

After that, we had to restart the system and refresh in ST03 and we were able to see the data.

2. For a temp fix, you can delete the stat files from ST03, and it should remove the inconsistent time stamps and start collecting the data from that point forward. You would just need to do the above-mentioned step to avoid the issue from happening again.

Thanks again,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wanted to add...

This was the case on the majority of our SAP systems, so I'm sure there are others out there with the same problem. The only customers which didn't have ST03 missing data were the ones that had the Daylight Savings rule in place in all clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for let us know the solution about your problem.

> This was the case on the majority of our SAP systems, so I'm sure there are others out there with the same problem.

About my Systems, I implemented note "Note 919538 - Daylight saving time start/end in USA and Canada as of 2007" some months ago because I found time zone inconsistencies in one of my test systems after a refreshu2026 and I applied that note everywhere.

But Iu2019m sure that someone else should have experienced the same issue.

Thanks for the points.

Federico Biavati