cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 - Credit error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing an odd issue that I cannot solve. We think, but are not certain, it cropped up after we installed the lastest ECC6 support pack stack. Anyhow, I will try my best to describe the issue.

VA01

1. Create a new order (OR) for a particular Sold-To. Exit back to main SAP menu.

VA01

2. Create a new credit memo reqeust with reference. When you are prompted to enter a sales order as reference, enter one that has a different Sold-To than what was just used to create the sales order in step 1.

3. A pop-up will appear, which should display the valid sales area's for the Sold-To that pertains to the reference sales order. But, what we are seeing is only an option to select a sales area that cooresponds to the sales order that was created in step 1.

4. After selecting the wrong sales area, a second pop-up appears that states "The sold-to parties are different" and it actually tells you the two mismatching Sold-To codes.

It's acting like the Sold-To code that was originally used to create the sales order in step 1 is being buffered some where, somehow.

The only work-around we currenlty have is to log out of the client. After which, some memory area or buffer seemed to get cleared. Then, when issuing a credit memo, the sales area appear correctly and there is no mismatch.

Any ideas or suggestions as to places to look?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bryan,

Could you please check and see if note 1324385 is relevant for your support pack level?

This could resolve the issue.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian -

After looking at the note you provided, that definitely looks like our issue. We actual found out that the "problem" was standard functionality. We were able to get our hands on an out-of-date SAP box and identify the actuall lines of code that changed. I passed along the note to our BASIS team and they are going to apply it to our sandbox for testing. I'll keep everyone posted as to our results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note fixed the issue. We tested it in our SBX and in DEV and QAS. After user testing is complete, we'll be moving it to PRD. Thanks to all who volunteered their time to help. It is appreciated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be a standard bug which can be better solved by SAP by replicating the scenario. Better create an OSS message and ask SAP to check this.

Thanks,

Krish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check OSS to see if there is a note. This sounds like a bug. Do you have any other add-ons activated? You may also need to debug with an ABAP programmer and there could be one or more User Exits that are not coded correctly...

If you need more info please let me know...

Bill Wood

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Bill Wood on Oct 27, 2009 4:20 PM

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 1, 2009 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Bill.

It looks like you changed your answer since I got the initial email. So you think this is a bug and not standard functionality now? I'll look for an OSS note, but aside from that I'm not sure where else to start. Is this a process that I can debug. If so, how? I'm somewhat familiar with using \h to debug certain processes, so maybe I can start with that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can do the /h right before the popup window, do that. If you are, or you have a pretty skilled ABAPer around, then go to the menu where you are getting the wrong data. Don't worry about stepping through each line of code. Then continue ONE STEP past the popup. Go to the program "call stack" (previous list of called programs/includes, etc.) find the last few programs or includes leading right up to the popup, or right at the popup itself. Get those program names or includes, go into SAP OSS and search on that program. See if there are any notes that describe what you are encountering.

The other alternative, which I would suggest might be more likely, is that there is some bad coding somewhere in a user exit or a custom copy routine. Bad, sloppy, or inexperienced coders have made so many messes on so many projects that I can't even begin to tell you how often that is the problem. So if you have ANY custom form routines for copying, or if you have ANY user exits, you may want to look into those. It may be that the ABAPer didn't clear some variables in one of their custom programs. That my friend is very, very common and very sloppy programming which happens mostly by inexperienced coders.

The last option is to search the main T-Code program for the specific field that has the wrong data, then put some breakpoints in where they make sense. Step through the program to see where the wrong data is cominng in. Without actually seeing the problem first hand it is tough to offer any more direct insight.

Hope this was helpful or answered.

Thanks,

Bill Wood

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 1, 2009 1:07 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refrain providing full address and phone details in this forum. Perhaps, you can ask to refer your Business Card.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi