cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workforce planning in Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the different ways of assigning people to Work Centers?

My target is to get a worklist for CAT2 transaction from project internal activities.

1. I can assign people to Work Centers in workforce planning?

2. I can assign people to Work Centers with Organizational structure?

3. Is there any infotype in HR mini-master also to set such link?

What is the best practice to get that worklist updated? I have it just empty and not sure why.

Also is it possible to do a workforce planning at the WBS-element level? If so, how?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best practice is based on requirement.

Please check the customization of your data entry profile in worklist area.

If you are using workfoce planning stricly for all the project then frist is best approach. but that you have to update regularly the assignments.

2. I can assign people to Work Centers with Organizational structure?

Here you assign person, most probabaly permenanatly for long time to workcenter, so you need not to chagne.

3. Is there any infotype in HR mini-master also to set such link?

As per my knowledge there is no such infotype to set up.

With regards

Nitin P.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PS_user,

There are two consulting notes 360648 and 543362, they should give you more information about work force planning.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, correct me if I am wrong:

If I want to get a worklist in CATS without any user exists the Workforce planning is a mandatory condition for that?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Work force planning is not mandatory in that case ie. without use of CMP2 CMP3 T Code you can achieve the same. By Correctly customizasing Data entry profile.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In the CATS data entry profile the only thing I can do is to select that the worklist should be managed by the system. So, I do not understand misterious definition of "correct customizing".

The relation between employee and the project should be created somehow in the system, so that it can be picked up to CATS worklist. As any relation it should have a start and finish dates.

The question is wheteher such relation can be created only by means of the workforce planning.

Thank you for your help!

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear there is nothing called "mysterious" in it. If you had carefully looked under Worklist in Data entry profile customization. You would have noted down check boxes like From resource Plng , By Work Center etc., Nitin was talking about these check boxes. If you checked From resource Plng you can see the list of activities to which the user is assigned in worklist, i.e., from workforce planning, if you dont you wont see it.

Yes by doing workforce planning you can achieve the employee and activity relation and it will be picked in CATS also

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmed for the clearfying in details. Resource planning is not mdandatory for the worklist data population. It is one of option from where the data can come up in worklist.

With Regards

Nitin P.