cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SMD Agent 'server' hasn't been found

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've seen this question posted, but no answer provided. I'm trying to install Wily Introscope on a Java-only (Netweaver 7) system. The SMD software is installed and the agent is running. I can see in the log files that the Wily agent has connected to the management console.

I'm running EHP1 on the Solution Manager server.

When I go to Introscope Agent - Detailed Selection and select this server this message is displayed "Failed to connect to server: "server" - Please make sure SMD Agent is up and running"

When I attempt to run the Diagnostic Setup Wizard. I get the following message "the SMD Agent "server" hasn't been found"

1.) I've stopped and started the SMD agent on the client serveral times - Does not fix the problem

2.) I've restarted Solution Manager - does not fix problem

Any idea how to trouble shoot this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me try In this case, try to update LMService to the latest available patch. Also is your Introscope EM version being at least a 8.1 version and above ? Then, you have to remove the agent server name right cliclk on the

agent

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - here are the steps to resolve this issue.

In my case the problem was caused by dual entries in smsy for the server. I had the hostname and a DNS u2013 cname u2013 for the server in smsy. This was confusing Solution Manager.

1. Use SOLMAN_WORKCENTER

2. GoTo ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS  COMMON TASKS  ADMINISTRATION  AGENT ADMINISTRATION

a. Right-click on the server with the problem and select u201CRESET SERVER NAMEu201D

i. The SMD agent will be disassociated with the server. Restart the SMD agent on the server.

3. Steps to reassign the server name

a. Use SOLMAN_WORKCENTER

b. GoTo ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS  COMMON TASKS SETUP and CHECK  DIAGNOSTIC SETUP  DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEMS  UPGRADER

i. Select the UPGRADE NOW button

c. Once the UPGRADER tasks completes

d. GoTo ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS  COMMON TASKS SETUP and CHECK  DIAGNOSTIC SETUP MANAGED SYSTEMS  SETUP WIZARD

i. Select the server

ii. Reassign the SMD agent to this server

1. The SMD agent will restart with the correct server name