cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk and External Help Desk Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are migrating from a legacy ticketing system to Service Desk. We need to bring over tickets from legacy to begin processing in Service Desk.

If I configure the external help desk integration, can I use it to bring tickets into Service Desk?

I know there is an action "Send to External Help Desk" and "Synchronize with External Help Desk". Will the synchronize bring the ticket over completely and create it in my Solution Manager system?

Or is the intention that a message is first and only created in Service Desk, and then sent / synchronized wtih external help desk.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am curious how this worked out for you. I am having issues with bring over tickets from our OLD service desk to our New Service Desk. The requirement was to move "Completed" tickets from the OLD system (SolMan 3.0 SP12) to the NEW system (Solman4.0 SP16). To move the completed tickets in OLD, I had to make a copy of the ticket and then click Send to External Service Desk (also tried Synchronize with Ext. Service Desk). Tickets came over with status of New. But I cannot put them in a status of "Completed" from a System Status standpoint. I was able to set them to Completed from a User Status standpoint, but I had to do a workround to get the user status to "Complete".

However, this is pointless puttting them in a User Status of completed when the system status will not go to "Complete". I get errors in the System status log that complains that the message can only be closed in the external service desk (assuming it means OLD service desk). However, that does not work as the OLD system complains that the service desk ticket is locked in the NEW system.

If you have any insight, I would love to hear how you went about this and if you had the same issues come up.

I have a posting on here on the situation that I put out there yesterday.

Fernando_Camare
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the SPRO, SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide ->SAP Solution Manager ->Scenario-Specific Settings ->Third Party Integration -> External Service Desk

Best regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greg - Sorry we were attempting to go from a 3rd party help desk to solution manager. I have not tried to synch from solman to solman.