cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

executing unix script in communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am having problems executing a unix shell script in the communication channel. I am running a unix shell script in the "run operating system command after message processing" section. I have tested the script using SM49 and everything works correctly.

when I check the RWB, I am getting the message with a message type of warning and the description is :error executing OS command following by the path and script name for the unix shell script.

I cannot find any details on what the error is. I do not know where else to look to find what the error is.

does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work and if there is any place whre I can check on this eror to get more information to help me solve my problem

thanks in advance for the help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

shoud I be posting this in another section of the forum other than the Process Integration section?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy ,

Hope something is missing ..For your reference

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might also help you to find the error..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417800)ID0022697250DB00455144956558726959End...

Duplicate link. Already posted above, by Santosh!

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Oct 28, 2009 6:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all or the replies.; I have look thru all of these before and these did not help me

has anybody successfully excecuted a UNIX shell script by coding it in the command line of the "run operating system command after message processing" for a communication channel entry? do you just code the unix directory and the shell script name?

example: /directoryname/shellscriptname.sh

because this is what I am doing and I am not getting this to work.

is there anything else that I need or is the formatof the command incorret?