cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another archive and delete question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran the archive process and the log shows 62,232 messages were archived. The process ran for a few hours and created 18 archive files. When I run rsxmb_show_status it still shows 62,231 messages to be archived. They are still in status 003. The sxmspmast table still shows fields ITFACTION set to ARCH and REORG set to INI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marking as answered in an effort to move forward with other issues.

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rick,

the circumstances you have described point to a pending deletion step.

Archiving in XI is a 2-step process. In the first step the XML message is read from XI persistence layer and then it is stored to an archiving file on the file system. During the second step the previously written message is read from archiving file to ensure data integrity. In case reading the message from file was successfull the message finally is deleted from XI persistence layer.

For the existing 18 archiving files you might want to trigger the deletion step manually. To do so please run transaction SARA for archiving object BC_XMB. Then click button "Delete" and select the files. Enter an appropriate start date and spool data and then press F8 to start the job.

For future archiving sessions I recommend to make ADK fire up the deletion jobs automatically. To do so please run transaction AOBJ, double-click archiving object BC_XMB and display "Customizing Settings". In frame "Delete jobs" select option "Start Automatically" and save your change. In case a popup appears asking for a package enter SXMSPERSIST.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf