Did you mean: 

nextCounter() method of the Servlet. Cause=java.net.UnknownHostException

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the problem in the mapping.

This mapping works before migration.

Runtime exception during processing target field mapping /LIST/S_ISA/D_I12. The message is: Exception:[java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: CounterBeanServlet: Could not call nextCounter() method of the Servlet. Cause=java.net.UnknownHostException: xxxpxp1] in class com.sap.xi.tf._I_ORDERS05_to_A_V4010_856_MM_ method setInterchangeCounter$[ATC, 856, ISA, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@1a5208d4]

Please provide your valuable suggestions to resolve the error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the looks of it, 'xxxpxp1' is causing the issue. Check if this is valid, if yes, then you might need an entry in the \etc\hosts file or some sort of dns entry. But that value doesn't look like a valid one to me

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before migration the hostname was xxxpxp1. That time mapping works fine. after migration The hostname was changed to xxxpxi1. But the mapping fails and that mapping points to old hostname causing unknownhostexception.

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the variable to be incremented part of Seeburger Front-End?

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah! Ah!

You have to set properly the Mapping variable inside Seebuger Front-End, is there your variable?

Let me know,

Niki

Edited by: Niki Scaglione on Oct 27, 2009 6:31 PM

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry the counter[newcounter] is going to be incremented but not variable in the seeFunctionsFrontEnd.

When I fill the newcounter with the value as 0

I am getting the error message as

com.seeburger.functions.frontend.util.GenericException: com.seeburger.functions.permstore.PermstoreException: CounterBeanServlet: Could not call listCounters() method of the Servlet. Cause=java.net.UnknownHostException: xxxpxp1

Here xxxpxp1 is the previous XI hostname entry and that should be replaced to xxxpxi1.

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah! Ah!

The error is that you have to set the right value for :

http://seeburger.com/xi/SeeFunctions

provider.servlet.server

localhost:port

Substitute localhost with your server name

That solves

Niki

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please brief me

Whether we have to select newvariable in seeburger FrontEnd and give the 
name = provider.servlet.server
port = xxxpxp1:50000

Again when I submit it, I am facing the problem as

Error by entry 
com.seeburger.functions.frontend.util.GenericException: com.seeburger.functions.permstore.PermstoreException: VariableBeanServlet: Could not call listVariables() method of the Servlet. Cause=java.net.UnknownHostException: magpxp1

NikiScaglione
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It seems the error is different now.

For my perspective you only have to fill the correct server name (missing domain?) and port in the Property of Seeburger front-end.

I'm running version 2.1.1 and the error was solved setting server name and port as well.

Try a java restart after setting parameters if you can.

Kind Regards,

Niki

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmmm, magpxp1 ??? that is a new one, where did that come from ?

>

> Please brief me

>

Whether we have to select newvariable in seeburger FrontEnd and give the 
> name = provider.servlet.server
> port = xxxpxp1:50000

>

> Again when I submit it, I am facing the problem as

>

>

Error by entry 
> com.seeburger.functions.frontend.util.GenericException: com.seeburger.functions.permstore.PermstoreException: VariableBeanServlet: Could not call listVariables() method of the Servlet. Cause=java.net.UnknownHostException: magpxp1