cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve the PCD of the webdynpro Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have created an application with just one View. How can I retrieve the PCD of the iview of this application in the wdDoInit()?

I want to be able to retrieve: portal_content/roleA/worksetB/pageC/iviewD. Another example is portal_content/roleX/worksetB/pageC/iviewD

I'm able to get this when I place a button on the page, and click on it. In the button's handler I'm getting the parameter "sap-wd-appwndid". But this parameter isn't available in the wdDoInit().

WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter("sap-wd-appwndid");

How can I get the same result in the wdDoInit();?

Thanks!

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you need such functionality?

Maybe there is a workaround for what you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Aviad,

Two solutions I can easily think of.

• Create a second application for the same controller.

• Use parameters for your application and read them at startup.

J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, I have not found a sollution yet (for getting the PCD ID), but I just looked from a different angle to tackle my problem. When my application was started, I need to forward it to another page in the portal. I finally ended up with using navigateRelative().

Thanks for the advice!

tom_cole3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Was your second iVIew in the same folder as the first iView? And if so, would you mind providing the parameters you used to make the navigation? I have a Web Dynpro iView that has a button that needs to navigate to a Transaction iView in the same Portal Content Directory folder, but am not sure how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

tom_cole3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please ignore. I will start a new topic.