cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the value of 'Calculated Result As' in further calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all Bex Experts,

In our project, we struggled many problems that can be easily solved, if we could used the result from 'Calculated Result As' (the value in the yellow line) in further calculation.

For instance, in one column, we set the 'Calculated Result As' = 'Standard Deviation.' Then, we wanted to use this standard deviation of this column in calculating the value of another column.

Is there any way to use this 'Calculated Result As' value for further calculation? Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to use the standard (formular 'SUMGT', 'SUMCT',etc) to find out a standard deviation. instead of using the 'Calculated Result As' value.

According to the standard deviation formular, it is required to use the summation.

However, I found that the result of the function 'SUMGT' is equal to the result (at the yellow line) of setting the 'Calculated Result As' as <b>'Nothing defined.'</b>

Although we changed this setting to be 'Summation' which gives me an accurate result of summation (at the yellow line), the result of the function 'SUMGT'is still the same <b>(which is equal to 'Nothing defined')</b>.

That's why I try to use the value at the yellow line.

I think this problem comes from setting at the Aggregration Tab of InfoObject.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try by using the SUMCT / SUMGT / SUMRT functions in the formula builder (based on what your reqt is). You can read more about these functions and also find some examples at this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/03/17f13a2f160f28e10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope this helps...