cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compounding error for infoobject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had changed the master infoobject nad made it compounding primary key tabel and transported to quality server. After testing I realised that the attribute put in compounding is not available for use in Bex reports. So I went back and changed the master again. I removed the compounding and again made it as single primary key table. While activating the changed master (i.e from compounding to non- compounding) it asked to convert the database tables (P and S table) and I did it as per the instructions given in help and the new master was activated.

But when I sent this active version master to quality server my request failed with error "P table cannot be converted sinc it is used in M view" and I have inactive version of master in my quality. I had tried to activate it in quality directly but i get the same error and it doesnt allow me the activate tis master.

Please do suggest.

Your help would be appriciated.

With regards,

Wrush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wrushali,

Does your info object contains any master data in BW Quality ? . If it has the master data then you have to delete it and then transport the info object from BW Dev to BW Quality.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could activate the master in development system but its not getting activated in quality. Kindly tell me where should I activate the M view in quality or devpmt. And how do you remove the compounding field from M view in quality and activate it seperately.

please help. Your help would be appreciated with points.

With Regards,

Wrush

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should first activate the M view (/BIC/M<IOBJ>). Then you should be able to activate the P table. If it doesn't work you should remove the compounding field from the M view and activate it, the activate the P table and then transport the InfoObject again.

Best regards

Dirk