cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEN and SLD on same system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I am trying to install Netweaver Administrator in our landscape.

Landscape is

ECC 6 ( Dual stack ) u2013 two systems

ECC5 ( ABAP Stack ) two system .

ECC 6

CEN Host name is u2013 PRDP11

SLD wants to configure on same system

all other systems will be monitored system .

Monitored system names are u2013 DEVD11, DEVD22, DEVD33

I am trying to follow the below file ( setup of net weaver administrator)

url is

1. configure sld on CEN System

A. sld is started

B. CIM cr_content is imported

C. Data supplier bridge is running

Q1. requirement is SLD has to be connected to CEN System . we are made above configuration for SLD on CEN System . now how to connect SLD to CEN System ?

a. The JCo RFC Connection SAPSLDAPI from CEN (GATEWAY TO j2ee Engine and calls the application lcrabapapi which registers new monitored system .

I am not getting the meaning of above line .

b. SLDAPICUST transaction - how is works ? where I have to run it ? As I have mentioned above I am using SLD on CEN System itself .

c. Suppose sld and cen are on diff servers then where I have run SLDAPICUST

I have created RFC Destination SLD_PRDP11_P11 in CEN System and given the JCORFC Program id in visual admin in CEN SYSTEM

And trying to test connection through sm59 but it is giving the below error

Logon Cancel

Error Details timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456 Timeout dur

Error Details ERROR: timeout during allocate

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host prdp11 / sapgw00

Error Details DETAIL: no connect of TP SLD_prdp11_p11 from host prdp11 after 20 sec

Error Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Error Details COUNTER: 20686

Error Details MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Error Details LINE: 6178

Error Details RETURN CODE: 242

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Thu Oct 28 18:12:37 2010

Error Details VERSION: 2

Can any body give me the step by step process like given below

1. run SAPSLDAPI on CEN /SLD (If it is seperate ) /or at monitored system . where i have to run it ?

2. what is lcrabapapi , how is works ?

3. pl. advice wherever i am wrong.

4. if any step by step doc is there pl. help.

thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there

SAPSLDAPI is the client RFC - that is it is used by clients of SLD rather than data suppliers (used to populate the SLD

with data)

A client can also be a data supplier but in general a client is an ABAP system that needs to connect to SLD

to get system data

In this case the Central ABAP system needs to connect to the Central J2EE system using SAPSLDAPI

Technically although J2EE and ABAP are on the same host or even part of the same system they are separate

entities until connected via SAPSLDAPI

Best wishes

Stuart

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

In order to Configure SLD, you need to below things:

1) Run transaction SLDAPICUST and enter new SLD information.

2) Run transaction RZ70 for data transfer. Test that data transfer it will automaticall generate SLD_UC RFC. When you will test it then it will show you whether it is successful or not.do

3) You need to do some extract changes if your system is XI system. For that you need to run SLDCheck transaction and check all things should be in green.

4) In case of XI system, you have to change some additional RFC like Integration_directory etc.

5) Also, you have to change exchange profiles.

6) On Java side Configure Jco RFC provider to connect to ABAP system

7) Configure SLD Data supplier in visual admin.

Also, check SLD post configuration guide and this [link|http://sapnetweavernotes.blogspot.com/2007/11/sld-configuration.html]

Also this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/4208934d7f1193e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Oct 27, 2009 8:38 PM

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sonal,

Q1. requirement is SLD has to be connected to CEN System . we are made above configuration for SLD on CEN System . now how to connect SLD to CEN System ?

SLD is taken place on JAva stack , there soma activity which need to carry on abap stack to understand and to register the abap stack to SLD.

a. The JCo RFC Connection SAPSLDAPI from CEN (GATEWAY TO j2ee Engine and calls the application lcrabapapi which registers new monitored system .

JCo is java connector which makes communcation between abap & java, SAPSLDAPI is require for such communication.

You have to create RFC SAPSLDAPI under type T & Also increase your timeout value.

Also check the whether program SLD_prdp11_p11 is running state on java stack.

This SAPSLDAPI RFC should be created on every abap stack which need to monitor and remeber when your create RFC in that there is GATEWAY OPTION , where in GATEWAY OPTION you have specify hosta and gatway of abap stack where SLD is running

SLDAPICUST transaction - how is works ? where I have to run it ? As I have mentioned above I am using SLD on CEN System itself .

Run SLDAPICUST run on you every abap stack , specify alis, hostname , username & password of Production java stack ( user could be j2ee_admin )

Thanks

Anil