cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed amount condition types

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i have a condition type which is a fixed amount, and which i enter at item level. the amount is $1,000.00. the order quantity is 100, so that SAP distributes the fixed amount among the quantity, so that it comes out as $10 per unit.

i create a delivery with reference to the sales order, but since the configuration allows a delivery quantity greater than order quantity, i edit the delivery quantity as 150 units.

now i create an invoice. but the fixed amount condition type, instead of showing as $1,000.00, is calculated as $1,500.00 instead. it takes the 10$/'unit in the sales order and multiplies it with the invoiced quantity.

the current settings for the condition type is entry at item level only. we considered entering this at header level but i don't think this will help. i am thinking the fixed amount will still change according to the invoiced quantity (also when considering multiple partial deliveries, invoiced collectively or partially).

would there be settings in the copy controls or in the condition type, or maybe in the pricing procedure to make the amount truly fixed?

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have entered fixed amount at item level, so naturally system will calculate per unit price and use the same in invoice irrespective of qty.

If you want $1000 amount in invoice even if you change qty, then enter same amount at Header level in the sales order. It and keep the pricing type as D or G.

Try this and post your feedback

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, sagar.

even if you make a condition type a header condition, and enter this at header level, standard SAP will still distribute this among the items. how this is distributed can either be per line item quantity, or by value. but distribution will still occur.

additional info: this is a delivery related invoicing setup. the price update, i tested using both D and G. the results are the same. this is unexpected because SAP documentation says pricing type D -

"copies the pricing elements and values and automatically determined or manually entered surcharges and discounts from the reference document without changing them (scales are not read again). This means that the value remains unchanged even if the billing quantity is different to the order quantity."

so with pricing type D, what does not change? the entire fixed amount or the per unit (distributed) amount?

nevertheless, i thank you for your input.

jy

Edited by: jy on Oct 28, 2009 6:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> how this is distributed can either be per line item quantity, or by value.

System will distribute the amount proportionately amongst the item according to their qty.

I think you should make the condition as header manual condition or you can use std header manual condition type HM00.

Enter this condition in the header of Sales Order. The amt will be distributed amongst all the items according to qty.

Now even if you change the qty in the delivery, if you have maintained pricing type as D / G system will copy old amount from the Sales Order unchanged because it is Header Condition and not the Item condition.

> so with pricing type D, what does not change? the entire fixed amount or the per unit (distributed) amount?

As per my knowledge, if you have maintained condition record for any condition type and you have used pricing type as D and when there is any change in the condition record after creation of Sales Order that times, that time system copies all the pricing from the sales order unchanged into invoice. It will take old pricing from the sales order.

Hope you get some idea.

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, sagar.

many thanks for the inputs. many possible settings, i have tried and tested. but i think even pricing types D and G did not enable transfer of the fixed amount unchanged to the invoice. the test condition types were modelled on HB00, but i will try HM00.

i considered doing fixed amount at header level, but this could not be accomplished using condition records and must be manually entered in the sales order, as you also noted.

i am still trying other approaches, but i seem to think that pricing is influenced by item settings, and not header settings (in copy controls, pricing types and other related settings are at item level).

will update...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can try this, i dont know it will work or not but i think logically it can be achieved.

You can make order related billing. i.e. you do create delivery as you want but while creating invoice, create it wrt Sales Order and not delivery, so that system will copy all the data from Sales Order and that is what you want if I am not wrong.

I think with this you can get the fixed amount unchanged as there is no change in the qty in the sales order. And at the same time you can change the qty in the delivery.

If possible try this. Please correct me if I am wrong at the conclusion

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i considered this approach. but during earlier testing, the billing quantity will be the order quantity and not the delivered quantity. will still consider other approaches.

thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had answered this previously as well.

Check the following thread:

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i decided to go on enhancing the pricing routines, as i could not find any in the copy controls to fulfill the requirement.

nevertheless, i am hopeful that there actually exists a standard solution. if somebody has the solution, please reply to this thread and i shall re-open. or, maybe someone can post the solutions on a separate thread.

many thanks, just the same.

z_elya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please share more details about the pricing routine you managed to answer the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i decided to go on enhancing the pricing routines, as i could not find any in the copy controls to fulfill the requirement.

nevertheless, i am hopeful that there actually exists a standard solution. if somebody has the solution, please reply to this thread and i shall re-open. or, maybe someone can post the solutions on a separate thread.

many thanks, just the same.

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried copy control with Pricing Type G or D?

Thanks

Krish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the copy control for pricing is D.

i did notice that in the pricing procedure, the sub-totals are marked as statistical. SAP help says that this sets the value in the document. would this explain why the "per unit" cost, instead of the entire fixed amount, is transferred to the invoice?

many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess this is standard SAP behavior. could anyone concur that a routine has to be developed so that the fixed amount is copied into the invoice unchanged?