SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to upload Business Partner using EMIGALL. I am not able to find any field or strucutre for Status in the standard partner object. How do I do this?

thank u.

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create a new stucture which contains the fields for Business Partner Status. The strcuture name is TJ30T.

The values provided to this strucutre form the file will be the Status Profile and the Status (ESTAT and STSMA).

Then, use the Function Module BAPI_BUPA_STATUS_ADD, in an event after the New Key is generated in the PARTNER object.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create a new stucture which contains the fields for Business Partner Status. The strcuture name is TJ30T.

The values provided to this strucutre form the file will be the Status Profile and the Status (ESTAT and STSMA).

Then, use the Function Module BAPI_BUPA_STATUS_ADD, in an event after the New Key is generated in the PARTNER object.

0 Kudos

thank for quick reply.

However, I am new to EMIGALL and do not know how to create events and add strucutre and all. Can you please help me out. Plzzzzzz.

thanks

Ram

0 Kudos

To create a structure, go to migration menu Automatic Structure->Create.

Give a structure name here and click on create. Then in the next screen give the Max Input Structure as TJ30T and Record Data Type as TJ30T or any other value you want to appear in the file.

Check the Customer Structure check box, as this structure is not a part of the Service Module and you will have to handle it separately.

Save the structure. Now it will be visible in the object. Maintain the field values there.

0 Kudos

To create an event, Go to Migration Object->Change.

There, select Utilities->Events.

In the list, create an event at Fill02. Check the activate event button and give the Sort Order as 11

Here, you will have to handle the data type for Status (TJ30T)- this will be the same value which you have specified in Structure Definition - Record Data Type.

Write the following code :

if imp-ddtyp = 'TJ30T'.

" your code to populate the table for status data

endif.

For calling the FM, you can see an event SERVI03 -> Commit Work.

Create an event just after this event and write the code (FM to update Status Here), and check the activate event button.

you will have to check the value of temksv-newkey or new_par-partner. If this is blank, then there was an error in partner creation and the code will not reach this point. Still to add an additional Check, you must check the value of the New partner number generated.

call function 'BAPI_BUPA_STATUS_ADD'

exporting

businesspartner = "partner number

tables

status = " table containing the status profile and status

If you need any more help, let me know.

0 Kudos

thank you but its a lot to do. will come back to you with issues.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your replies.I have made the changes as per your suggestions. However,now the report is not getting genreated as an error is coming: The field "ITAB_STATUS" is unknown. Please help as to where to declare this.

thanks

Ram

0 Kudos

Have you really tried declaring the variable in events? Simply speaking , you should declare it before you are using it. Since you are using your variable in SERVI03, you should declare it before SERVI03. However, READ01 onwards, the loop begins, so declare it before READ01 event.

Cheers,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Thanks I had added the event. thank you so much for your help.

One more thing that even though the partner is successfully migrated, the status is not reflected on the screen. What could be the issue now? Am I supposed to use a different FM? Please help.

Ram

0 Kudos

Use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after the call to FM. This updates the changes to the database.

Cheers,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Thank you it is getting done now. thanks for helping me out.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to upload data for device installation via emigall i get the following error: The IS-U table for INS_MGT001 was not supplemented .. INS_MGT001 is my filename .. Can you please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to upload data for device installation via emigall i get the following error: The IS-U table for INS_MGT001 was not supplemented (The service module did not create the migration object in IS-U.) .. INS_MGT001 is my filename .. Can you please help..